Samsung’s take on a big notch-less & hole-less display with the Samsung Galaxy A80, was a bit different, to say the least. Although it looks flawless in terms of screen and quite innovative on the flip-up module, the phone was quite overpriced, especially, considering its caliber. Yeah, futuristic and expensive! But now, the Samsung Galaxy A80 is available for so much less than the original price, that we can’t help but be impressed by it.
Galaxy A80 Overview:
Samsung Galaxy A80 is, truly, bezel-less, has no notches, no punch holes. It’s just a big clean screen. Certainly, the type of phone that almost every smartphone lover wants to have in their pocket. To achieve the bezel-less characteristic, Samsung Galaxy A80 uses a camera that flips around, so basically, we’re looking at a rear camera, that’s also your front camera.
The triple rear cameras are a 48MP primary lens, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, and a TOF sensor. The wide-angle lens and the TOF sensor works while taking selfies as well as portraits. The cameras are great for the price and on par with Samsung’s flagship like the S10. It’s not quite there when it comes to video recording as the A80 lacks OIS and [email protected] feature. Having said that, the camera performance definitely better than the Redmi K20 Pro (Rs.49,000) and Oneplus 7 (Rs.66,999).
The Galaxy A80’s weak link has to be its chipset. It is powered by a Snapdragon 730, which isn’t the fastest chipset you can find. You can get the K20 Pro and Oneplus 7 that comes with the Snapdragon 855 which performs 30-40% better than the 730.
The Galaxy A80 also houses an optical in-display fingerprint sensor, which is not as fast as K20 Pro and Oneplus 7 but does a satisfactory job. It is backed by a 3700mAh battery with 25W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Specifications:
- Design: Glass body front and back, Aluminum frame
- Display: 6.7″ Super AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2400 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Triple, 48 MP primary lens with f/2.0 aperture & PDAF + 8 MP Ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture + 3D TOF sensor
- Front Camera: Rotating rear camera (48 MP primary lens with f/2.0 aperture & PDAF + 8 MP Ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture + 3D TOF sensor)
- Processor: Octa-core 8 nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB onboard, non-expandable
- Battery: 3700 mAh, 25W Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Read the review of Galaxy A80 Here
Samsung Galaxy A80 Price in Nepal & Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A80 is now available in Nepal for the price of Rs. 49,999. With this price cut, it is an excellent choice for someone looking to buy a mid-range flagship under Rs. 50,000.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|Samsung Galaxy A80 (8/128GB)||NPR. 49,999||
Mind you, the Galaxy A80 was originally launched in Nepal for a whopping price of Rs. 79,990 and now it is available for Rs. 49,999. See how they fall! If you don’t have the budget to get the Oneplus 7 Pro or the Galaxy S10, the A80 would serve well for the price. The Galaxy A80 lacks the top of the line performance but it does come with an excellent AMOLED display, unique rotating cameras, and a great design.