Sony has finally launched the highly anticipated a7C II and a7CR full-frame mirrorless cameras. These new photography machines garner the power of the BIONZ XR engine in a compact form factor. Without further ado, let’s get into the specs, features, and expected price of Sony a7C II and a7CR in Nepal.
Sony a7C II and a7CR Overview:
Let’s start with the Sony a7C II first. This Mark II model can be considered as a smaller form of the A7 IV. You get a magnesium alloy and recycled plastic build here as well. It weighs 514 grams with a battery and SD card included. Meanwhile, the Sony a7CR also bags the compact form factor on the lighter side at just 515 grams.
You get 3-inch fully articulating displays and 2360k dot Electronic viewfinders on both a7C II and a7CR. Moreover, Sony has provided weather-sealed bodies for both models.
Full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensors
As a professional camera, the Sony a7C II and a7CR utilize the full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensors. The difference lies in megapixels. The a7C Mark II houses a 33MP sensor while the a7CR goes with a 61MP sensor. Talking of the ISO range, both models support a standard range of 100 to 5120.
Meanwhile in the extended ISO range, the Mark II can expand up to 50-102800 while the a7CR stretches it up to 50-204800. You get Sony E mount compatibility on both cameras.
- Also Read:
- Sony ZV-1 II is a compact vlogging machine with 1-inch sensor and wider lens
- Sony Xperia 5 V is launching on September 1 with Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
- Sony Xperia Pro-I II to feature not one but two 1-inch cameras
Image processing and AI
Moving on, the image processing on both cameras is handled by the BIONZ XR engine. As for autofocus, the a7C II features 759-point AF, approximately covering 94% of the image area. Likewise, the a7CR boasts 693 autofocus points with 79% AF area coverage. Sony has bestowed AI power to both models that include autofocus to lock on to several subjects such as people, insects, trains, and such.
In terms of photography, the a7C II and a7CR can do 10fps and 8fps continuous shooting respectively via their mechanical shutters. For videos, both models support 4K UHD videos at 60fps, FHD up to 120fps, 6.2K oversampling, and 10-bit 4:2:2 color sampling. Likewise, Sony has also provided sensor-shift image stabilization.
Sony a7C II and a7CR Specifications:
- a7C II: 512 grams (with battery and SD card)
- a7CR: 515 grams (with battery and SD card)
- Image Sensor:
- a7C II: 33.0 MP, Exmor R CMOS, Full-Frame
- a7CR: 61.0 MP, Exmor R CMOS, Full-Frame
- Image Processor: BIONZ XR
- Screen: 3.0-inch TFT LCD, 1,036,800 dots, Touchscreen, Articulating display
- Viewfinder: 2.36m dots OLED
- Stabilization: 5-axis Sensor-Shift Stabilization
- AF System:
- a7C II: 759 Autofocus points
- a7CR: 693 Autofocus points
- ISO Range: 100 – 51200, expandable up to 50-204,800
- Continuous Shoot:
- a7C II: 10 frames/sec
- a7CR: 8 frames/sec
- Video Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Video Frame Rate: 3840 x 2160 pixels (60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p), 1920 x 1080 pixels (120p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p)
- Built-in flash: No | External Flash support: Yes
- Compatible Lenses: Sony E Mount
- Battery Type: NP-FZ100 Li-ion, rechargeable
- Battery Life (Approx.):
- a7C II: 540 shots
- a7CR: 510 shots
Sony a7C II and a7CR Price in Nepal and Availability
The Sony a7C II is priced at USD 2,199.99 (body only) and USD 2,499.99 (with 28-60mm zoom lens). While the Sony a7CR’s price is USD 2999.99 (body only). We expect the Sony a7C II price in Nepal to be NPR 361,999 and the Sony a7CR price in Nepal to be NPR 411,999 when they launch here.
|Camera||Official Price||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Sony A7C II (Body only)||USD 2,199.99||NPR 361,999|
|Sony a7CR (Body only)||USD 2,999.99||NPR 411,999|
- Meanwhile, you can check our Xiaomi Pad 6 review