Sony’s Alpha 7R Series is basically a master photography machine. Launched as the successor to the A7R IV, the Sony Alpha 7R V comes with a 61MP full-frame Exmor R sensor and AI autofocus. In this article, we’ll get to the specs, features, and price of the Sony Alpha 7R V in Nepal.
Sony Alpha 7R V Overview:
Sony has retained the 61MP Exmor R full-frame sensor on the Alpha 7R V. Accompanying the lens is the latest BIONZ XR processing engine for improved color reproduction and texture rendering by up to 8 times. The 35mm sensor is back-side illuminated (BSI) for improved low-light photography.
Talking of its videography aspects, this camera can capture up to 8K res videos at 25p with a modest crop at 1.2x 10bit 4:2:2 quality. Likewise, it also supports 4K/30/25/24p and 1080/120p recording with no crop.
Handling the stabilization here is a 5-Axis Image Stabilization. Other attributes include 16-bit RAW output, S-Cinetone profile, breathing compensation, focus map, and Active+ stabilization.
As for the design, Sony hasn’t made drastic changes here. It is visually identical to its predecessor. The new A7R V is a bit thicker though due to its 4-axis LCD display with a 2095K dot resolution screen. Likewise, there is a new heat dissipation structure to keep the thermals in check while video recording and burst shooting.
The A7R V boasts a closed shutter mechanism protected by a cover when turned off. While Sony claims a 500,000-frame shutter life on this camera.
- Also Read:
The new A7R V has improved AI autofocus. There is a 693 on-sensor phase-detection AF points that cover 79% of the image frame. As compared to the R IV’s EV-3, it can focus down to EV-4. What’s even more interesting is the new AI deep learning which can now also detect a human through pose, eyes, and face. For reference, the A7R IV could only do that with human eyes and faces.
The camera features Dual Slot for CFexpress Type-A/SD(UHS-II) cards. The camera also supports USB PD, allowing users to charge the device even while using it. Talking of the ports options, you get 1 x HDMI output, 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Headphone Output, 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Microphone Input, 1 x USB-C (USB 3.2 / 3.1 Gen 2) Data Output, 1 x USB-C, 1 x PC Sync Socket Output, and 1 x Sony Multi/Micro-USB (USB 2.0). For wireless connectivity, it supports 2.4 / 5 GHz MIMO Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and Bluetooth.
Sony Alpha 7R V Specifications:
- Camera Weight: 723 grams
- Image Sensor: 131.3 x 96.9 x 82.4 mm, 61.2MP, Exmor R CMOS, Full Frame
- Image processor: Bionz XR
- Screen: 3-2inch TFT, 2095K dots, Touch Screen, Articulating display
- Viewfinder: 0.64-inch Electronic, 100% coverage, 9.44M dots
- Stabilization: 5-axis sensor-shift stabilization
- AF System: Hybrid (Phase/contrast detection)
- ISO Range: 100-32,000
- Shutter Speed: 1/8000 – 30 seconds
- Continuous Shoot: up to 10 frames/sec
- Video Resolution: 7680 × 4320 pixels, 3840 x 2160 pixels, 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Video Frame Rate: 7680 × 4320 pixels (24p), 3840 x 2160 pixels (120p, 60p, 30p, 24p), 1920×1080 pixels (120p, 60p, 30p, 24p), 1280 x 720 pixels (30p)
- Built-in flash: No; External Flash support: Yes
- Compatible Lenses: Sony E Mount
- Environmental Shielding: Yes
- Battery Type: Li-ion, Rechargeable; Model: NP-FZ100
- Price: Rs. 545,000 (Body Only)
Sony Alpha 7R V Price in Nepal and Availability
The Sony Alpha 7R V price in Nepal can be estimated at NPR 545,000. It is not officially available yet but you can buy it from sites like Hamrobazar or stores in New Road. But be sure about the product’s authenticity and packaging before purchasing.
Camera Price in Nepal Sony Alpha 7R V (Body Only) NPR 545,000