With the launch of Vivo X30 and Vivo X30 Pro, Vivo has now added two more devices to its X series of smartphones. As with the majority of phones launching under this lineup, the highlight of these two devices is once again, the camera.
Vivo X30 & X30 Pro Specifications
- Body: 6.42 x 3.04 x 0.35 inches
- Display: 6.44-inches Super AMOLED Display
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels; 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Samsung’s Exynos 980; 8nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A77 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP5
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB (expandable up to 512GB)
- Software & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Vivo’s Funtouch 10.0 on top
- Rear Camera:
– 64 MP, f/1.8 primary shooter
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens
– 32MP, f/2.0 telephoto lens
– 13MP f/3.0 periscope lens (only on X30 Pro)
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Security: In-display Fingerprint-Scanner
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: Dual Sim (Nano-SIM), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/BDS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4350 mAh with 33W fast charging
- Colors: Black, Peach, Light Blue
Vivo X30 & X30 Pro Overview
Talking about the camera, the Vivo X30 Pro variant features a 5x periscope camera lens which has been left out in the basic variant. With this addition, the Pro supports digital zoom up to 60x magnification while the basic variant maxes out at 20x digital zoom.
Other than that, both devices feature a 64MP primary lens, an 8MP ultrawide angle lens, and a 32MP telephoto lens. The devices come with features such as Super Night mode and Hyper HDR. The former reduces noise in the dark setting by stacking multiple photos together, while Hyper HDR allows you to shoot pictures against bright sources.
For the selfie, both feature a 50mm portrait camera with a 32MP sensor that sits in the punch hole on the front of the device. It also comes with additional features such as autofocus and bokeh effect.
The devices are powered by Samsung’s Exynos 980 chipset which comes with an integrated modem for 5G support. It is the first device to be powered by this chipset. It comes with a feature that lets you switch over to 4G/5G when the Wi-Fi runs slow.
The devices feature a 6.44-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2400 resolution. It promises a brighter screen with the brightness going up to 1200 nits local brightness.
Funtouch 10 based on Android 9 runs on both the devices and a 4350 mAh battery powering them. It supports 33W flash charging through its Type-C port. Vivo X30 and X30 Pro also house an in-display fingerprint sensor for security. The devices will come with 128GB and 256GB storage options.
Vivo X30 & X30 Pro Price & Availability
The Vivo X30 is priced at 3,298 Yuan (~NRs. 53,545) for 128GB variant and 3,598 Yuan (~NRs. 58,415) for 256GB variant. Likewise, the Vivo X30 Pro is priced at 3,998 Yuan (~NRs. 64,910) for 128GB variant and 4,298 Yuan (~NRs. 69,780) for 256GB variant.
Both these phones are currently available for pre-order in China via its official website. While the X30 Pro will be available from Dec 24, the X30 will only be available starting Dec 28. As far as Nepal launch is concerned, Vivo has been tight-lipped about its launch in Nepal. However, given what do you think of these phones, is it a hit or a miss? Let us know in the poll down below:[socialpoll id=”2589940″]