Carnivals, oh how they turn the norms of everyday social life upside down. Extravagant rituals, bright lights, and whatnot. Carnivals certainly create an unforgettable experience for all.
But which carnival can we expect around this time of the year and that too in Nepal? Well, for starters the Vivo sales carnival-II is a set to begin soon. And as their title specifies, it is a sales carnival and not some sort of flamboyant party. However, even though you’ll not get to participate in any parades or such, there are certainly some great offers and prizes that you can snap up.
Basically, the Vivo sales carnival – II is being organized to commemorate the second anniversary of Vivo. The brand has established itself as one of the best smartphone makers in the budget and mid-range segment. And with its sales carnival, the company plans on solidifying as well as expanding its customer base in Nepal.
This event is officially scheduled to start from 15th December 2019 up until the 5th of January, 2020. Over this 22-day period, people can benefit from the price drops and discounts on various Vivo smartphones and also win exciting prizes.
There’s the customary lucky draw thorough which a maximum of six people can win a Smart TV. Furthermore, the daily prizes include 420 thermoses and free screen replacement for 15,000 peoples. More about the various new launches that will take place during the carnival and price drops are detailed below.
Vivo Y19, a new addition to the Vivo Y series will launch on the first day of the event. The device packs a huge 5000mAh battery and is powered by the MediaTek Helio P65 processor. It includes an ultra-game mode and offers 6GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage. So, this device is certainly one to check out for those who love smartphone gaming.
Talking about the cameras, on the rear, it has a triple camera array that includes lenses of 16MP, 8MP, and 2MP. And as for the front camera, it has a 16MP selfies shooter. It is priced at Rs. 29,390.
- Body: 6.38 x 3.01 x 0.35 inches; 193 gm
- Display: 6.53-inches “Halo FullView” IPS LCD panel
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P65; 12nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2x 2.0GHz Cortex-A75, 6x 1.7GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2 @820 MHz
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB (non-expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Vivo’s Funtouch OS 9.2 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera; 16MP f/1.8 primary lens, 8MP f/2.2 super wide-angle lens, 2MP f/2.4 macro camera
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Physical (rear-mounted)
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO, Micro-USB, etc.
- Battery: 5000 mAh battery with 18W Charging; 5W Reverse Charging via an OTG cable
- Colors: Magnetic Black, Spring White
- Price: Rs. 27,990
Discounts and Price drops
1. Vivo V15
Vivo V15 that comes with a MediaTek Helio P70 processor and a 32MP pop-up selfie camera will be available at a discounted price of Rs. 37, 690, Rs. 4300 discount on its original price. The device also offers 6GB and 128GB in terms of RAM and internal storage. As for the rear camera, it has a triple camera setup of 12MP, 8MP, and 5MP.
- Display: 6.53-inch Full HD+; 91.64% screen to body ratio; Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB; Dedicated SD card slot for memory expansion up to 256GB
- OS: Android 9 (Pie) with FunTouch OS 9 on the top
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – 12MP primary with f/1.78 + 8MP ultra-wide-angle with f/2.2 aperture + 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4; LED flash
- Front Camera: 32 MP pop-up selfie camera
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with dual engine fast charging technology
- Colors: Topaz Blue, Ruby Red
- Price: R
s. 41,990Rs. 37, 690
2. Vivo Y17
Another smartphone that will receive a discount during the sales carnival is the Vivo Y17. It is a good upper-budget segment device that offers 5000mAh battery, 4GB of RAM and 128GB onboard internal storage. Furthermore, it too offers a triple camera setup on the back. They include lenses of 13MP, 8MP, and 2MP. Similarly, for selfie purposes, it has a 20MP front-facing camera. The discounted price for the Vivo Y17 is Rs. 25, 040.
- Display: 6.35″ IPS LCD display
- Resolution: HD+ resolution (720 x 1544 pixels), 19.3:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P35
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 128 GB internal storage; Expandable via SD card
- OS & UI: Android Pie with FunTouch 9 on the top
- Rear Camera: Triple-setup, 13 MP primary with f/2.2 aperture & PDAF + 8 MP ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single, 16 MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 18-Watt Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Rs. 27,290Rs. 25, 040
3. Vivo S1
Both the Vivo S1 variants, i.e. the 4GB+128GB and 6GB+128GB one will receive a price drop. The base variant with 4GB RAM will be available at a price of Rs. 28,390 and the 6GB variant will be available at Rs. 33,590. Vivo S1 has a 4500mAh battery and offers a triple camera setup on the back. The rear camera constitutes of 16MP primary lens and further 8MP and 2MP lenses. Moreover, at the front, you get a 32MP selfie shooter.
- Display: 6.53-inch Super AMOLED display
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels)
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P65
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Storage: 128 GB onboard, expandable up to 256 GB
- Rear Camera: Triple, 16 MP (f/1.78) primary + 8 MP (f/2.2) ultrawide + 5 MP depth sensor (f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 32 MP (f/2.0)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, FunTouch OS 9
- Battery: 4500 mAh, 18W Fast Charging
- Sensors: UD Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price in Nepal:
Rs.34,690Rs.33,590 (6+128GB); Rs. 28,990Rs. 28,390 (4+128GB)