The Vivo Y100 with Dimensity 900 SoC went official in February in India. And the brand has again come up with another Vivo Y100 with a 5G moniker with a different design and chip. Read this article to find out what the new Vivo Y100 5G has to offer including its specs, price in Nepal, and availability.
Vivo Y100 5G Overview:
Display and Design
The Vivo Y100 5G launched in China looks different from the Y100 launched in India, especially in the camera module both the back and front sections. The brand has focused on the design with a premium and textured feel. The size is also taller with a 6.78-inch curved OLED display with a refresh rate of 120 Hz (better than India’s 90Hz). Moreover, it supports Full HD+ resolution, has low blue light protection, and a 1,200Hz touch sampling rate.
Furthermore, the device boasts Corning Gorilla Glass protection and has a glass back with a plastic frame. Vivo ships this guy in Glass Blue, Textured Green, and Starry Night Black color options. For dust and splash protection, it has a IP54 rating.
Performance and Storage
Under the hood, the Y100 5G is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 processor based on a 6nm architecture. This chipset was also seen in the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G which was launched 2 years ago. This Octa-core chip in Y100 5G is supported by the Adreno 619 GPU.
For storage, this smartphone offers up to 12GB of LPDDR4X RAM and storage options extending up to 512GB. You can also virtually expand the RAM.
- You may also read:
Getting to the optics, the smartphone sports a dual camera setup. It is headlined by a 64MP primary camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and a gimmicky 2MP depth sensing unit. On the front, we get an 8MP shooter for selfies and video calls.
Software, Battery, and More
On the software side, the Y100 5G runs on Android 13 with OriginOS 3. It packs a large 5,000mAh battery, which supports 44W fast charging. Furthermore, for connectivity, the device features Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) and more. Moreover, you get an in-display fingerprint and 2D face recognition for security.
Vivo Y100 5G Specifications:
- (Blue and Green): 164.42x 74.92x 7.57mm, 183g
- (Black): 164.42 x 74.92x 7.49mm, 172g
- Display: 6.78″ AMOLED panel, FHD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 (6nm)
- GPU: Adreno 619 GPU
- Memory: 8GB | 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128 | 256 |512 GB storage (expandable)
- Software: OriginOS 3 (Android 13)
- Dual Rear Camera: 64MP Primary Camera, f/1.79, OIS, 2MP Depth, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 (hole punch)
- Battery: 5000mAh, 44W charging
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.1, 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- Color Options: Glass Blue, Starry Night Black, and Textured Green
Vivo Y100 5G Price in Nepal and Availability
The smartphone is launched for a price of CNY 1,399 in China for the base 8/128GB variant. We expect the price of the Vivo Y100 5G in Nepal to start from NPR 28,599 if and when it launches here.
|Vivo Y100||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8GB + 128GB||CNY 1,399||NPR 28,499|
|8GB + 256GB||CNY 1,599||NPR 32,499|
|12GB + 256GB||CNY 1,799||NPR 35,599|
|12GB + 512GB||CNY 1,999||NPR 39,599|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of Vivo V27.