Vivo has added a new member to its Y-series. Vivo Y100 is a 5G-ready mid-range smartphone that is just launched in India. In this article, let’s learn about the specs, features, and expected price of the Vivo Y100 in Nepal.
Vivo Y100 Overview:
Design and Display
To begin with, the Y100 takes a few design cues from the expensive V-series smartphone. Here, you get a color-changing glass back, although it’s limited to the Gold and Blue color. The Matte Black option, on the other hand, has a glittery matte finish. Also, the phone is quite light and thin at 171 grams and 7.73mm, respectively
Furthermore, the back panel houses two camera rings protruding from the back panel. Vivo also says the camera area has a pearl-like finish, hence it’s referred to as the “Dual Ring Pearl Glass” design.
Moving on, Vivo Y100 sports a 6.38″ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate support. The Full HD+ display has a peak brightness of 1300nits and also secures HDR10+ certification for content consumption.
Under the hood, the phone is powered by a Dimensity 900 5G chipset which is a predecessor to the new Dimensity 1080 that you find on phones like Realme 10 Pro+ and Redmi Note 12 Pro series. The Octa-core silicon is based on a 6nm process and features two Cortex-A78 cores at 2400 MHz and 6 Cortex-A55 cores at 2000 MHz.
Handling the graphics is a Mali-G68 MC4 GPU. Likewise, the chip is paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Users can also virtually expand the RAM by up to 8GB.
Vivo Y100 brings a triple camera setup at the back, led by an optically-stabled 64MP sensor. Complementing the main lens are a couple of 2MP sensors for depth and macro shots. For selfies, there is a 16MP camera on the front.
- Vivo X90 Pro with a 1-inch Sony sensor arrives in the international market
- Vivo Y56 5G goes official with Dimensity 700 and 50MP dual camera
- Moto E13 budget smartphone unveiled with Unisoc T606 chip
- Infinix Zero 5G 2023 series goes official with MediaTek chips, 50MP triple camera
Rest of the Specs
Fueling the Vivo Y100 is a 5000mAh battery that charges via a 44W fast charging support. The brand has shipped the phone with Funtouch OS 13 built on top of Android 13. The connectivity option includes dual-band WiFi 5, 5G, Bluetooth 5.2, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C port.
Vivo Y100 Specifications:
- Body: 158.91 x 73.53 x 7.73mm, 181g
- Display: 6.38″ AMOLED panel, FHD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels), 90Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 900 (6nm)
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 128GB storage (expandable via hybrid sim slot)
- Software: Funtouch OS 13 (Android 13)
- Triple Rear Camera: 64MP Primary Camera, OIS, 2MP Macro, 2MP Depth
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0 (waterdrop notch)
- Battery: 5000mAh, 44W charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM slot, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, OTG, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Color Options: Metal Black, Twilight Gold, and Pacific Blue.
Vivo Y100 Price in Nepal and Availability
The smartphone is launched for a price of INR 24,999 in India for the sole 8/128GB variant. We expect the price of the Vivo Y100 in Nepal to be NPR 47,999 if and when it launches here.
|Vivo Y100||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/128GB||INR 24,999||NPR 47,999|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of Vivo V23 Pro