Xiaomi has finally taken the curtains off from the Xiaomi 14 Series. Comprising of the Xiaomi 14 and 14 Pro, both siblings get the all-new HyperOS, Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset, and Leica-branded cameras. In this article, let’s head into the specs, features, and expected price of the Xiaomi 14 in Nepal.
Xiaomi 14 Overview:
Design and Display
Kicking off with the design side of things, the Xiaomi 14 shares a similar look with its Pro sibling. Xiaomi has continued with the flat frame build with curved edges. Retaining the compact form factor, the chin is slimmer on all sides, thanks to the FIAA technology. The camera module gets a slight revamp with a protruding square housing. Likewise, the device secures an IP68 dust and water rating.
Talking of the display, the Xiaomi 14 sports a 6.36-inch Huaxing C8 OLED panel with 1.5k resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. This time, the company has collaborated with TCL instead of Samsung for the screen. This flagship panel bears HLG, HDR 10+, and Dolby Vision certifications compatible with wide P3 color space and reaches an astonishing 3000 nits of peak brightness.
Under the hood, the vanilla Xiaomi 14 and Pro debut the latest and greatest Snapdragon Gen 3 processor. This new flagship chip features a prime Cortex-X4 core clocking at 3.3GHz, five Cortex-A720 cores at 3.2GHz, and two A520 cores running at 2.3GHz frequency. It is paired with up to 16GB of RAM and 1TB of UFS 4.0 internal storage.
To keep the thermals in check, Xiaomi has infused a gas-liquid separation channel for heat dissipation during intensive activities. On the software front, you get the HyperOS build on top of Android 14, replacing the decade-old MIUI. It is basically a revamp of the old OS with tonnes of new lock screen customization options and other changes.
- Also Read:
- Xiaomi 13T series to bring flagship 4nm chips, 144Hz OLED displays
- Xiaomi Pad 6 arrives with Snapdragon 870, MIUI Pad 14
- Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro launched with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, 144Hz display
- Xiaomi 13 Lite with Snapdragon 7 Gen 1, dual selfie cameras arrives in Nepal
Getting to the cameras, this vanilla model also enjoys the nitty-gritty of the Xiaomi-Leica partnership. It gets the new Light Fusion 900 image sensor for better HDR and better image video quality. On top of that, the Summilux aspherical lens is also helping with more enhanced outputs compared to the Summicron ones used on the Xiaomi 13.
The main shooter is a 50MP Hunter 900 sensor with an f/1.6 aperture and OIS. It is complemented by a 50MP ultrawide and 75mm 50MP OIS-enabled telephoto shooter. For selfies and video calls, you get a 32MP snapper embedded in the hole-punch cutout.
Battery and Connectivity
Moving on, the Xiaomi 14 gets its fuel from a 4,610mAh battery supporting 90W wired and 50W wireless charging. The more expensive Xiaomi 14 Pro might feature a 5,000mAh battery enabling 120W wired and 50W wireless charging.
Other than this, it brings a faster USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Type-C, of course) protocol with 5Gbps speed, which is able to connect up to a 4K external display.
Xiaomi 14 Specifications:
- Display: 6.36-inches LTPO OLED panel, 120Hz refresh rate, 3000nits peak brightness, HDR 10+, Dolby Vision, HLG, Gorilla Glass Victus
- Resolution: 1.5K (2772 x 1240 pixels)
- Chipset: Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 (4nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: Up to 16GB RAM, 1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Software & UI: Android 14 with HyperOS on top
- Rear Camera: Triple Leica cameras (with LED flash);
– 50MP primary sensor (OIS)
– 50MP telephoto camera (OIS)
– 50MP ultrawide unit
- Front Camera: 32MP sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Stereo speaker setup
- Battery: 4600mAh with 90W wired charging, 50W wireless, 10W reverse wireless
Xiaomi 14 Price in Nepal and Availability
In China, the official price of the Xiaomi 14 starts at CNY 3,999 for the base 8/256GB trim. We expect the Xiaomi 14 price in Nepal to begin from NPR 91,999 if and when it launches here.
Price in China (Official)
Price in Nepal (Expected)
- Meanwhile, check our Xiaomi 13 Pro review