The much-awaited Xiaomi Mi A2 is here and it’s everything you hoped for. The Chinese manufacturer delivered the Android One based smartphone today in Spain. The smartphone is basically the Mi 6X with a different software experience. The Mi A2 comes with better specs, better camera, and a fairly similar UI compared to last year’s Mi A1.
The first thing that you notice is the Snapdragon 660 processor, which is a huge improvement over the Snapdragon 625 found in Mi A1. The custom Kryo cores and the 14nm process ensure good performance and minimum power consumption. The Adreno 512 GPU also complements the CPU very well.
The display, on the other hand, is a 5.99″ FHD+ panel with resolutions of 2160×1080 (18:9 aspect ratio). Xiaomi does love to brag about its LPDDR4x RAM types, and the A2 surely gets the same. The smartphone comes in three variants, one with 4GB/32GB, the other with 4GB/64GB and lastly a more premium 6GB/128GB version.
Like the Mi A1, the A2 also comes with a dual camera setup. The camera has obviously been improved, with a 12MP f/1.7 sensor aided by a 20MP f/1.75 lens. Xiaomi claims it will provide a much better camera experience, including better bokeh effects and brighter shots in dim light conditions.
The front camera is also another area where Xiaomi seems to have improved. The 20MP selfie cam is now AI enabled and can capture bokeh selfies.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Launched
The star feature of the Mi A2 remains the Pure Android experience, which was one of the defining features of the Mi A1, and also one of the main factors why the Mi A2 received such huge success.
However, the most disappointing feature on the Mi A2 has to be the size of the battery, which is a 3010mAh. It does get Quick Charge 3.0 though.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Price & Availability
The smartphone is all set to launch in Nepal as well, although availability and pricing are yet to be announced. What we do know is you can get the Mi A2 in Blue, Black, and Gold color options. Pricing for the international market starts at $291 for the 4GB/32GB, $326 for the 4GB/64GB and $408 for the 6GB/128GB variant.
Specs of Xiaomi Mi A2:
- Display: 5.99-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with Gorilla Glass 5
- Resolution: 2160×1080 pixels (18:9)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa Core 14nm (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512 GPU
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x/6GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, a 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- Front Camera: 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Sensors: Infrared sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, no headphone jack
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- Battery: 3010mAh with fast charge 3.0
- Colors: Blue, Gold, and Black
- Price: US$ 291(4GB/32GB), US$326(4GB/64GB), US$408(6GB/128GB)