Xiaomi has announced the Mi Max 2 smartphone at an event in Beijing, China. It is the successor of the Xiaomi Mi Max which was launched last year. The Mi Max 2, like its predecessor, is all about a big display, bigger battery, and affordable price tag. The Mi Max 2 is available in Nepal for Rs. 35,000. You can buy the phone using this link.
Quick specs overview of the Xiaomi Mi Max 2:
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 450nits brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 174.1×88.7×7.6mm; Weight: 211g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5300mAh (typical) / 5200mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0 (68% charge in just 1 hour)
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Price in Nepal: Rs. 34,999
What’s Changed? Mi Max Vs Mi Max 2
Although both the Mi Max and Mi Max 2 looks similar in terms of design, the Mi Max 2 offers a better unibody design with rounded edges. Even on the front, the 6.44 display has ultra thin bezels.
In the performance department, the Mi Max 2 has cut corners in favor of a more energy-efficient processor, the Snapdragon 625. However, Xiaomi has somehow managed to install a bigger 5300mAh battery. With such configuration, Xiaomi claims the phone to offer excellent battery life. Also, the phone supports Qualcomm quick charge tech and dual charging module that offers fast charging and better heat dispersion.
Camera is an area where Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has seen a huge upgrade. It now features an improved 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF and dual-tone LED flash.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 will be available in Golden color and is priced at $247 for the 4GB RAM/64GB ROM version and the 4GB RAM/128GB ROM version will cost US$ 290. It will go on sale in China from June 1st.