Xiaomi launches a wide variety of smartphones and the launch of Xiaomi smartphone gets less exciting at times. But this one is different. Xiaomi, this time, launch a 5G smartphone. And this newly launched Xiaomi MI Mix 3 5G is the first device in Xiaomi’s lineup to support 5G connectivity. And when the pricing is considered, the MI Mix 3 5G is probably the cheapest phone to feature 5G support.
Xiaomi MI Mix 3 5G Overview
In terms of design, the MI Mix 3 5G comes with a design similar to the MI Mix 3, which only launched last October. The phone features a slider design to object the concept of the notch and to increase the screen-to-body ratio of the device. The slider mechanism is basically to house selfie camera. And in the case of MI Mix 3 5G, there are two selfie shooters. The primary one has got a 24MP sensor and the second one is 2MP depth sensor to facilitate in capturing portrait selfies.
Talking about the rear camera, the phone has embraced a combination of standard wide-angle camera and a telephoto one. And each one of them is enriched with a 12MP sensor. Powering the device is a Snapdragon 855 chipset accompanied by Snapdragon X50 modem to unlock the 5G potential. On the memory side, the phone is equipped with 6GB of RAM and 64GB and 128GB option on the storage front.
As far as display is concerned, the phone features a 6.39-inch Full-HD+ AMOLED panel just like on the regular MI Mix 3. However, the battery has been enhanced here. The newbie comes with a 3,800mAh with fast charging and wireless charging support.
Xiaomi MI Mix 3 5G specifications:
- Display: 6.4-inches AMOLED screen with Gorilla Glass 5 protection; 93.4% screen to body ratio
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 403 PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB
- Storage: 64/128 GB; No SD card slot for memory expansion
- Rear Camera: (12 MP wide-angle camera with f/1.8, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, 4-axis OIS) + (12 MP telephoto camera, 1/3.4″, 1.0µm), LED-flash
- Front Camera: (24 MP, 1/2.8″, 0.9µm) + (2 MP, depth sensor), Mechanical pop-up selfie camera
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,800 mAh battery; Supports Quick Charge 4+ (18W) and 10-watt wireless charging
Xiaomi MI Mix 3 5G Price & Availability
Although the MI Mix 3 5G comes with similar design and hardware of the last year’s MI Mix 3, the presence of the Snapdragon 855 and the 5G connectivity option plays a big role. So this device has also faced a slight surge in price compared to the last year’s model. The last year’s MI Mix 3 was available at €500 but the newbie demands €599 on the purchase.
Talking about the availability, the Director of product management of Xiaomi Donovan Sung announced the device will be available on Mi.com starting from May. It will also available for purchase at selected MI Stores and key retailers. The company has also collaborated with the telecoms like Three, Orange, Sunrise, Telefonica, TIM, Vodafone for the 5G and hopes to expand it with even more carriers really soon.
For More MWC 2019 Coverage, Click here.