After a lot of wait and anticipation, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is finally here. This is the third iteration of the Mi Mix series and what we can consider as the biggest improvement is the camera performance. Apart from that, the Mi Mix series has always tried to keep the bezels to a minimum, which had created some inconveniences in the first two attempts. But this time, there seems to be another concept employed to minimize bezels.
Like what we saw on OPPO Find X and Vivo Nex have done to keep the bezels to a minimum, the Mi Mix 3 does a similar job but the latter has a magnetic slider while the other two had sliders powered by motors. Xiaomi claims a screen to body ratio of 93.4% in this device which is fairly impressive. As for other specs, the display is 6.4 inches and it’s an OLED screen with 1080p resolution.
There are altogether 4 cameras on this device. The front houses a 24 MP shooter alongside a 2 MP depth sensor and the back comes with two 12 MP wide angle and telephoto lenses. The camera features a night mode that lets you take long exposure shots just like what we saw on the P20 Pro. Additionally, the phone supports 960 fps slow-mo videos with automatic background music feature.
Also read: Pocophone F1 by Xiaomi review
Like other flagship phones this year, the performance is backed by the Snapdragon 845 chipset. The device comes in three memory variants,6GB, 8gb AND 10 GB with either 128 or 256 GB storage. Other noteworthy specs include a 10 W wireless charging support, USB type C and Bluetooth 5.0. The battery size is 3,200 mAh and the device comes supporting Quick charge 4+.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 specifications:
- Operating System: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 10
- Display: 6.4-inches OLED screen with 93.4% screen to body ratio (19.5:9 ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Display Features: 403ppi, 60000:1 Contrast ratio, NTSC 103.8%, 600 nits brightness
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB or 10 GB
- Storage: 128 GB or 256 GB or 512 GB
- Rear Camera: Dual12 MP wide-angle SONY IMX363, 1.4μm large pixel, f/1.8 large aperture, 2PD dual-core focus lens + 12 MP Telephoto SAMSUNG S5K3M3+, 1.0μm pixels lens with Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: Dual 24 SONY IMX576 1.8μm Large pixel +2 MP OV02A10 1.75μm Large pixel
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 1080p@960fps
- SIM (s): Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,200 mAh battery
- Charging: 18W QC3.0 charger & 10W wireless charger
- Connectivity:Wi-Fi 802.11 a b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, hotspot, dual-band
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price: About 500 EUR (Price in Nepal and India not specified)