It has been a few years since tablet sales have gone down. With smartphones and laptops getting popular day by day, the assumption that tablets would shine over the years have gone downhill. Despite that, some companies are still cashing in on tablets, and this time, that company is Xiaomi as it has launched the Mi Pad 4 in China.
Read More: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 comes with an 8-inch display that has a 16:10 aspect ratio and a WUXGA resolution which translates to 1900 x 1200 pixels. The device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset which is certainly a good choice for the price tag it holds. For multitasking purpose, it has 3 and 4 GB RAM variants that couple with 32 GB and 64 GB of memory respectively. For battery purpose, the device houses a 6,000 mAh brick on the inside. What’s good here is the size of this device as it is just 7.9 mm thin.
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4, in the optics front, is equipped with a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera that has an f/2.0 aperture and can take up to 1080p videos. Strangely enough, this device has a 5-megapixel selfie shooter that supports Xiaomi’s “AI Face Unlock”. In terms of the software, the device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9.0 on top.
Connectivity wise, the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 comes with all connectivity options as it supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. It also has Bluetooth 5.0 which is certainly a welcome addition. There is also a variant that supports LTE.
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 is currently available for pre-order in China, with the device becoming available starting June 29. The base-line model of the device with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB memory costs CNY1,099 which roughly translates to $170 whereas the 4/64 GB version without and with LTE supports will cost CNY1,399 (approx. $215) and CNY1,499 (approx. $229).
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 200.2 x 120.3 x 7.9 mm; Weight: 342.5 grams
- Display: 8.0-inch WUXGA IPS LCD display
- Resolution: 1200 x 1920 pixels, 16:10 aspect ratio @283ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 3260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- OS: MIUI 9.0 based on Android Oreo (v8.1)
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Storage: 32/64 GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP, f/2.0
- Front camera: 5MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: AI Face Unlock, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass (LTE model only)
- SIM: Single (Nano-SIM)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 6,000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po battery
- Colors: Black, Rose Gold