With Android Go, budget phones got a second chance at life. And among those budget phones, the Xiaomi Redmi Go and the Galaxy A2 Core were particularly interesting ones. However, the Redmi Go did outshine the A2 Core in some aspects. And now, that same phone is available with larger storage for a slightly higher price.
Redmi Go Overview
The Redmi Go was already available in two memory variants in other markets. But, it is only now launching in Nepal with larger storage, i.e. 16 GB. However, all the other aspects remain the same.
The Redmi Go has a 5″ screen with HD resolution. It features an 8 MP camera at the back and a 5 MP selfie shooter upfront. This phone runs on the Snapdragon 425 and is supported by 1 GB RAM. Despite having low-end specs, the Redmi Go is relatively smooth all thanks to light Android Go at work. The battery capacity is a 3000 mAh, which is decent enough for budget phones. So, the only thing that has been upgraded is the storage at 16 GB. Also, you have a microSD card slot that can support up to 128 GB.
Check out our review of Redmi Go here:
Xiaomi Redmi Go specifications:
- Display: 5.0 inches HD IPS LCD screen with 16:9 aspect ratio
- Rear cameras: 8 MP with LED flash and HDR
- Front camera: 5 MP with HDR
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (28nm)
- GPU: Adreno 308
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM: 8 GB / 16 GB(expandable up to 128 GB with a dedicated slot)
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- SIM (s): Dual SIM
- Battery: Non- removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, MicroUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Colors: Blue and Black
- Others: Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Price: Rs 7,499 (8 GB) / Rs. 7,999 (16 GB)
Redmi Go Price in Nepal [16GB]
The latest price of Redmi Go (16GB) in Nepal is Rs. 7,999. It is available for purchase from select Xiaomi retail shops all over Nepal.