A new variant of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is set to make an entry in Nepal. The variance in the newbie will in its processor, MediaTek Helio X20 replaced by Snapdragon 625. Vatsal Impex Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of Xiaomi products in Nepal has scheduled to launch the new variant of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on 3rd May.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was launched in August 2016 bearing a powerful Decacore MediaTek Helio X20 processor. Owing to its powerful processor and performance, it gained lots of love and got sold in China like a hot cake. On early October, it made an entry on Nepal and received loads of appraisal here too (except for the pricing). This powerful mid-range phablet from Xiaomi welcomed its variance in early 2017 in the international market marked with a price tag of $152. Though months late, Vatsal Impex is finally making it available in Nepal.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 key specs
- 5.5 inches FHD IPS LCD display @401 PPI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset
- Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- Android Marshmallow (v6.0) with MIUI 8.0 on the top
- Dual-SIM (Micro SIM + Nano-SIM)
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB internal storage, expandable up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear camera: 13MP with f/2.0, PDAF,[email protected]
- Front camera: 5MP with f/2.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1, A-GPS, USB OTG, IR Port
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, gyroscope, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 4100 mAh battery
Snapdragon version vs MediaTek version of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with Snapdragon version is 10 grams lights (165g over 175g).
- MediaTek X20 chipset employs tri-cluster architecture with CorePilot 3.0 software, which chooses the cores (among 2x Cortex A-72 @ 2.1 GHz, 4x Cortex A-53 @ 1.8 GHz, 4x Cortex A-53 @ 1.4 GHz) depending on the workload. This ability on the MediaTek version ensures greater performance as compared to the Snapdragon version.
- The semiconductor size on MediaTek X20 chipset is 20nm whereas, on Snapdragon 625, it is 14nm. This narrower architecture on SD 625 chipset has made it more power efficient. Heating issue and fast battery draining issues have been resolved in the Snapdragon version.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with MediaTek X20 chipset costs Rs. 26,999 and Rs. 29,999 for 3 GB RAM/32 GB ROM and 3 GB/64 GB ROM variants respectively. The pricing for the Snapdragon version has not been unveiled, though we can expect the price to be close to these numbers.