When almost all the major players in the smartphone business are bringing 5G-enabled smartphones, ZTE also decided to join in on the bandwagon. So utilizing the big stage of MWC 2019, ZTE launched its 5G-enabled flagship ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G in the event. Alongside the flagship handset, the Chinese smartphone maker also unveiled the ZTE Blade V10 smartphone.
ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G Overview
The phone comes with a tall 6.47-inch display with Full-HD+ resolution. On the Axon 10 Pro 5G, ZTE has used Super AMOLED panel, which is HDR10 compliant. So the contents on the screen pop with a wide range of colors portraying a dynamic look. And beneath that sharp and vibrant screen resides a fingerprint sensor.
On the performance side, the phone has got Snapdragon 855 SoC, which has been paired with Qualcomm’s X50 model to unlock the 5G capabilities. Storage wise, the phone comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of onboard memory. The storage can be further expanded up to 512GB with the use of an SD card.
Talking about the cameras, the phone is enriched with three cameras at the back. The primary one here is a 48MP shooter, which has been accompanied by a 20MP ultra-wide-angle, and an 8MP telephoto shooter. On the front, a 20MP selfie shooter resides meticulously on the water-drop style notch.
Powering the device is a 4000mAh battery. The battery on the device supports Quick Charge 4+ charging. So the device may not take much time to get fully charged. On the top, there is Qi wireless charging support for the people who hate conventional or wired means of charging.
ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G Specifications:
- Display: 6.47-inch Super AMOLED display; HDR10 compliant
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 398PPI Pixel density
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- RAM: 6 GB
- Storage: 128 GB, expandable up to 512GB via SD card
- Rear Camera: (48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, OIS, PDAF (wide-angle)) + (20 MP, 11mm (ultra-wide-angle)) + (8 MP (telephoto), PDAF, OIS), LED flash
- Front Camera: 20MP
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh battery; Supports Quick Charge 4+ (18-watt fast charging); Supports Qi wireless charging
- Others: IP 68 certified (Dust & water resistant), USB Type-C port, No 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, A-GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi ac
- Colors: Blue
ZTE Blade V10 Overview
The ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G is a flagship device with premium specifications. But that was not the only device ZTE launched in the MWC’s massive event. ZTE also launched an affordable Blade V10 smartphone.
Moving on to the specs sheet, the ZTE Blade V10 comes with a 6.3-inch IPS display featuring Full-HD+ resolution. Although the display may not look all vibrant like that on the Axon 10 Pro 5G, the contents here will look decently sharp.
Although ZTE has not revealed anything about the processor in this device, it made us known that the phone will come in two memory configurations. The base model of the ZTE Blade V10 will ship with 3GB RAM and 32GB of storage. And the higher end variant will have the delights of 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal memory.
Optics wise, the phone enjoys a dual camera setup on the back and a single selfie camera on the front. The rear panel houses a 16MP main shooter backed by a 5MP depth sensor. And the phone will welcome its users with a 32MP selfie shooter on the front. Rumors claim that it is the same selfie shooter, which we saw on the Vivo V15 Pro. If that’s true, we can expect some amazing selfies from the device.
The phone boots with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box with ZTE’s custom Skin MiFavor 9.0 on the top. In terms of power, a 3200mAh battery keeps the device running.
ZTE Blade V10 Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD display
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (1080 x 2280 pixels); 19:9 aspect ratio @ 400PPI Pixel density
- CPU: Octa-core 2.1GHz
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; MiFavor 9.0 on the top
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Storage: 32/64 GB, expandable up to 256GB via SD card (Uses SIM2 Slot)
- Rear Camera: (16 MP, f/1.8, 1.12µm, PDAF) + (5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor), Dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 32MP, LED flash
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3200mAh battery; Uses USB type-C port for charging
- Others: Dual SIM, 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi ac
- Colors: Black, Blue, green
ZTE Blade V10 Vita
In the launch event, ZTE also subtly mentioned the existence of the Blade V10 Vita. However, ZTE did not spill out any specs of the device. But owing to the leaks and rumors, the phone is said to come with Spreadtrum 9863A chipset, which features 8x Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.6GHz.
GPU of the device is supposed to be the PowerVR GE8322, clocked at 550MHz. Although the screen size yet to known, rumors suggest the screen to pack HD+ (720 x 1520 pixels) resolution. On the software side, the phone will boot with Android 9 Pie out of the box.
ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G and ZTE Blade V10 Price & Availability
When it comes to pricing, ZTE has not spoken anything about the subject yet. But to make the Axon 10 Pro 5G available amongst the public, the Chinese smartphone maker has already partnered with China Telecom, Hutchinson Drei, and Elisha carriers to release the device in the global platform before the end of Q2 of 2019.
And talking about the availability of the ZTE Blade V10, ZTE mentioned that the phone will be available for purchase in Europe, China, and South America sometime in March. The phone will be available in Black, Blue, and Green color variant. However, the price of the device is still under the veil.
For more MWC 2019 Coverage, Click here.