With most gadgets getting portable and lighter, it was only a matter of time before high-end quadcopters got portable too. DJI is somewhat a household name when it comes to drones and the company has already made its name in Nepal via its recently launched DJI Mavic Pro. Starck Tech, the official distributor of DJI products in Nepal and a subsidiary of Jyoti Group Nepal, is broadening its products’ horizon as the company has launched the DJI Spark here.
Don’t Miss: DJI Drones Price in Nepal
The DJI Spark is a lightweight drone that lets you control the device through hand gestures. It weighs in at just 300 grams and has a 143 x 143 x 55 mm of dimension. The quadcopter has special sensors through which you can control it with your fingers. It uses face detection to detect a user’s face, lock onto it and fly according to how the user’s fingers are moving.
Even though the DJI Spark has a relatively smaller footprint, it has a maximum ascent and descent speed of 3 m/s. Turn on the Sport Mode and you can fly it with speed as high as 50 kph. DJI claims that this drone can fly for around 16 minutes with its 1,480 mAh battery, although the real-life scenario might differ. This is approximately 10 minutes less than the DJI Mavic Pro which we reviewed a while back.
Camera wise, the DJI Spark has a 12-megapixel camera which is capable of capturing 1080p videos at 30fps. Buyers will be happy to know that this camera is supported by a mechanical gimbal. Starck Tech has priced the DJI Spark at Rs. 93,999.
Where to buy DJI Spark in Nepal:
- Civil Trade Centre (CTC mall), Sundhara, Kathmandu, 5th Floor
- Evo Store, Labim Mall, Ground Floor, Pulchowk, Lalitpur
Tel: 977-1-5547648, 977-1-5554352
- Evo Store, Sherpa Mall, Ground Floor, Durbar Marg
Tel: 977-1-4225486, 977-1-4220659
- Evo Store, Mercantile Plaza, Ground Floor, Durbar Marg
Tel: 977-1-4212100, 977-1-4229660
For rules and regulations regarding the use of Drones in Nepal click here.
DJI Spark Specifications:
- Maximum Speed: 50km/h (*with no wind)
- Battery Capacity: 1480mAh
- Maximum Flight Time: 15-16minutes
- Maximum Ascent Speed: 3 m/s in Sport Mode without wind
- Maximum Descent Speed: 3 m/s in Auto Landing Mode
- Dimension: 143×143×55 mm
- Weight: 300 gram
- Obstacle Avoidance using: 3D depth sensing and vision position system
- GPS GLONASS sensor