It’s October and the new Google Pixel 8 Series is finally official. There is a vanilla Pixel 8 and a Pixel 8 Pro, for which the search engine giant has bestowed the same Tensor G3 chip. Here in this article, we’ll be talking about the Pixel 8 Pro, its specs, features, availability, and expected price in Nepal.
Google Pixel 8 Pro Overview:
Designwise, the Pixel 8 Pro retains a similar design to its successor the Pixel 7 Pro. However, things are a bit on the rounded side this time. You get a rounded (contoured) edge around the corners while the camera vizor is here to stay. Other than that, the device is IP68 certified against dust and water drips. Google ships this guy in three color options: Porcelain, Bay, and Obsidian.
Likewise, the smartphone sports a 6.7-inch OLED panel, which Google is flaunting as a Super Actua display. This flat screen boasts a 120Hz refresh rate, 2992 x 1344 resolution, HDR 10+ certification, 2400nits of peak brightness, and Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection.
A built-in thermometer
Well, the Pixel 8 Pro has an actual thermometer. Yes, you read that right. The physical infrared thermometer is placed next to the camera module to measure body temperature without physical contact. For the time being, it can detect the temperature of beverages and surfaces. It’s still waiting for FDA approval for human body temperature sensing.
- Also, read:
- Google announces AI chatbot “Bard” to compete with OpenAI’s ChatGPT
- Google Tensor G3 to feature 9-core CPU, Immortalis GPU with ray tracing
- Google may finally enable “Battery Health” feature on Android 14
Performance and Memory
Moving on, the phone is powered by a Tensor G3 chip paired with Immortalis G715s MC10 graphics. This 9-core 5G silicon is fabbed under a 4nm process and features a prime Cortex X3 core clocking at 3.0GHz, four Cortex A715 cores at 2.45GHz, and four Cortex A510 cores running at 2.15GHz.
It is paired with 12GB of RAM, and up to 1TB internal storage with UFS 3.1. As for the software, you get the latest Android 14 running the show. Also, the phone gets a 7-year OS and security updates promise, the highest to date on an Android smartphone.
The Pixel 8 Pro’s camera housing has also undergone a little makeover. All three main sensors are now placed inside a single cutout. The primary sensor is a 50MP shooter with f/1.7 aperture, multi-directional PDAF and OIS. While the secondary unit is a 48MP telephoto camera with OIS and 5X optical zooming capability. Last but not least is a 48MP ultrawide camera. For selfies and video calls, the hole-punch cutout houses a 10.5MP ultrawide front camera.
It’s a Pixel flagship and how can it pass without some cool AI features? Starting with Best Take, this AI tool will select the best-looking photo out of your burst shots with the best expression possible. Continuing the Magic Editor, the upgraded tool can now not only erase, but also lets you select a subject or a person, and move it all around.
Likewise, the Audio Magic Eraser can identify background noise, providing a boost to your own voice. You also get a Zoom Enhance feature that can set the focus on your zoomed and cropped image, improving the overall image quality.
Battery, Connectivity, and Others
Moving on, this flagship phone gets its juice from a 4050mAh battery with 30W wired charging, 23W wireless, and reverse wireless support. In terms of connectivity, you get tri-band Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, and USB Type-C 3.2, among other options.
Google Pixel 8 Pro Specifications:
- Body: Front~Gorilla Glass Victus 2, Back~Gorilla Glass Victus, aluminum frame, IP68 dust/water resistant
- Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED, 1-120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- Resolution: FHD+(2992 x 1344 pixels), 489 PPI density
- Chipset: Google Tensor G3 (4nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 12GB RAM, up to 1TB storage
- Software & UI: Android 14
- Rear Camera:
- Triple;50MP, primary sensor, OIS, Laser AF, PDAF
- 48MP telephoto camera, OIS 5x optical zoom
- 48MP ultrawide camera
- Front Camera: 10.8MP, f/2.2 sensor
- Audio: Stereo speaker setup, No 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor (optical), Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Thermometer (skin temperature)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7, tri-band, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5), USB Type-C 3.2
- Battery: 5050mAh with 30W wired charging, 23W wireless charging
- Color Options: Obsidian, Bay and Porcelain
Google Pixel 8 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
In the US, the official price for the Pixel 8 Pro starts at USD 999 for the base 12/128GB version. We expect the Google Pixel 8 price in Nepal to begin from NPR 164,999 if and when it launches here.
|Google Pixel 8 Pro||Price in the U.S. (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|12/128GB||USD 999||NPR 164,999|
- Meanwhile, check our full review of Google Pixel 7.