It took almost six months, but the Google Pixel Buds 2 is finally here. It was first announced during the #MadeByGoogle event last October alongside the Google Pixel 4. A lot of buzzes surrounded the device as many expected these new ones to be much better than the clunky first-gen Pixel Buds. Well, the second-generation is out now, so let’s dive into what Pixel Buds 2 is all about along with its price and availability in Nepal.
Google Pixel Buds 2 Overview
Google had a lot to improve in the second generation of Pixel Buds. That’s because the first one was not popular among the customers. First of all, it was not a True WIreless headphone. It had a wire joining the two buds. And at the time when AirPods was taking off as a truly wireless headphone, it was certainly a stubborn move from Google. As a result, the first generation of the Pixel Buds became a sort of hassle for customers.
However, with these new Pixel Buds, Google has tried to redeem itself. Firstly, it is now a fully wireless headphone. Thus, they can be used independently from one another. The design of the buds, however, is still similar to its predecessor. With the wires now completely out of the picture, these new earbuds are more lightweight and fit seamlessly in ears. Moreover, they are the first truly wireless earbuds that offer hand-free Google Assistant access.
The sad part, however, is that they don’t have any noise-canceling technology. Therefore, they will certainly have a hard time competing against the likes of AirPods Pro. However, the fact is that the AirPods Pro costs a lot more than these Pixel Buds, so that’s quite understandable.
Now, one buys headphones for the sound quality that it offers. And these new Pixel Buds certainly delivers. For instance, there’s the Adaptive Sound mode that will adjust the volume of whatever you are listening to as per your surrounding. Moreover, its custom-designed 12mm drivers promise superior sound quality.
There have been mixed reviews about the bass quality of the Google Pixel Buds. Some have claimed that there is a significant weight in the bass. However, some have pointed out the bass as the weakness of these earbuds.
The charging case, for the most part, seems similar to the other TWS earbuds. It offers the Fast Pair feature that helps the device to quickly connect to a nearby Android device. Moreover, it has enough power to offer 24 hours of battery life for the earbuds. Sticking to battery life, this device provides five hours of continuous listening. Now, that’s on par with the AirPods. However, it’s miles off of the eleven hours that the Galaxy Buds Plus offers.
- Dimension (Pixel Buds 2): 20.5 x 19.5 x 18.2mm(H x W x D); 5.3 grams;
- Dimension (Charging Case): 63 x 47 x 25mm (H x W x D): 56.1 grams
- Sensors: Capacitive touch. Google Assistant, Dual IR proximity sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, hall effect sensor (charging case)
- Audio: 12mm dynamic speaker driver, passive noise reduction, spatial vent, dual beamforming microphones, voice detecting accelerometer
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- IP Rating: Splash and water-resistant (IPX4)
- Battery: 5 hours of listening time, 2.5 hours of talk time, 24 hours listening time and 12 hours talk time (with charging case)
- Charging: USB Type-C, Qi-Certified, Wireless charging case; 10 minutes charging = 2 hours listening time and 1 hour talk time
- Colors: Clearly White, Almost Black, Quite Mint, Oh So Orange
Google Pixel Buds 2 Price & Availability
The Google Pixel Buds 2 is currently available for purchase in the US at a price of $179. Considering the US price, the Google Pixel Buds 2 should arrive in Nepal for an expected price of Rs. 25,000.
|Product Name||Price in Nepal [Converted]||Availability|
|Google Pixel Buds 2||$179 (~Rs. 22,000)||Available through Google Store, Best Buy, Walmart, Target (in the US)|