Honor had launched the 9X and 9X Pro last July, which was exclusive to Chinese customers. Now, the Chinese brand has launched the global variant of the Honor 9X in the Nepali market. It will be available for purchase from retail outlets all over Nepal for Rs. 29,999.
The global and Chinese variants of the Honor 9X are different. While the Chinese variant was powered by a powerful Kirin 810, the global model will equip a less powerful Kirin 710F chipset and the Mali G51 MP4 GPU.
The Honor 9X is available in Nepal in a 6/128GB variant. Huawei’s GPU Turbo Technology also makes its presence here, which helps for smoother gameplay though it supports a select group of games only.
The global model of Honor 9X will have the same form-factor as its Chinese variant. It has a 6.59-inch LCD panel with Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution and a tall aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Talking about the design, it has metal and glass build with a striking holographic ‘X’ reflection on the back. The fashionable design and the notch-less display of the phone should be appealing to young audiences the most. Likewise, there’s a pop-up mechanism for the 16MP selfie camera.
Similarly, the global variant will have a triple rear camera setup like the Chinese Honor 9X Pro. You get a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultrawide lens with 120° FOV, and a 2MP depth sensor. Talking about similarities, there’s a 4000 mAh battery which supports 10W charging and a physical fingerprint sensor on the back.
With the Huawei controversy, you might be worried about Android support on Honor phones. But fret not, the Honor 9X (IE) will run Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1 on top and have the full suite of Google’s applications. Additionally, there’s the 3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom of the phone alongside the Type-C port and the speaker.
Honor 9X International Edition Specifications
- Body: 6.42 x 3.04 x 0.35 inches; 206 gm; front/back glass
- Display: 6.59-inches IPS LCD panel
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 710F; 12nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali G51 MP4
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB (expandable up to 512GB)
- Software & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Huawei’s EMUI 9.1 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera; 48MP f/1.8 primary sensor, 8MP f/2.4 ultrawide lens, 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.2 aperture (motorized)
- Fingerprint sensor: Physical (rear-mounted)
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, AGPS/GPS/GLONASS/BDS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 4000 mAh battery with 10W Charging
- Colors: Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue
- Honor 9X Price in Nepal: Rs. 29,999 (6+128GB)
Honor 9X Pricing & Availability in Nepal
Honor 9X (6+128GB) is priced at Rs. 29,990 in Nepal. At this price, the company is offering a pop-up selfie camera and a very good design. However, the big concern is it’s fairly average Kirin 710F chipset. We are yet to test its camera, so it’s too early for us to give our verdict. So, wait for our review to find out if the Honor 9X is worth Rs.30,000!