Honor had launched the 9X and 9X Pro in July 2019, which was exclusive to Chinese customers. Now, the Chinese brand launched the global variant of the Honor 9X in the Nepali market after a considerable duration of time. So, let’s check out the full specs, updated price in Nepal and availability of Honor 9X in Nepal.
Honor 9X Overview
Performance and Memory
The global and Chinese variants of the Honor 9X are different. While the Chinese variant was powered by a powerful Kirin 810, the global model will equip a less powerful Kirin 710F chipset with the Mali G51 MP4 GPU. The Kirin 710F is comparable to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 710 and it is disappointing in this price range. Compared to MediaTek’s Helio G90T featured in Redmi Note 8 Pro, the chipset disappoints in benchmarks tests. Real-life usage is fluid but games like PUBG in HDR setting will result in occasional lags and stutters.
Design and Display
The global model of Honor 9X will have the same form-factor as its Chinese variant. It has a 6.59-inch LCD panel with Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution and a tall aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Talking about the design, it has metal and glass build with a striking holographic ‘X’ reflection on the back. The fashionable design and the notch-less display of the phone should be appealing to young audiences the most. Likewise, there’s a pop-up mechanism for the 16MP selfie camera.
Similarly, the global variant will have a triple rear camera setup like the Chinese Honor 9X Pro. You get a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultrawide lens with 120° FOV, and a 2MP depth sensor. The camera is satisfactory except for portrait selfies. The colors on the image impressed us thought shots from both primary and ultra-wide angle sensors lacked details.
Check out our review of Honor 9X
Talking about similarities, there’s a 4000 mAh battery which supports 10W charging and a physical fingerprint sensor on the back. The battery can last you a full day on average usage. But the phone doesn’t support fast charging technology of any kind and you will get a 10W charger that takes around 2.5 hours to get the phone fully charged.
With the Huawei controversy, you might be worried about Android support on Honor phones. But fret not, the Honor 9X (IE) will run Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1 on top and have the full suite of Google’s applications. Additionally, there’s the 3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom of the phone alongside the Type-C port and the speaker.
Honor 9X International Edition Specifications
- Body: 6.42 x 3.04 x 0.35 inches; 206 gm; front/back glass
- Display: 6.59-inches IPS LCD panel
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 710F; 12nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali G51 MP4
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB (expandable up to 512GB)
- Software & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Huawei’s EMUI 9.1 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera; 48MP f/1.8 primary sensor, 8MP f/2.4 ultrawide lens, 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.2 aperture (motorized)
- Fingerprint sensor: Physical (rear-mounted)
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, AGPS/GPS/GLONASS/BDS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 4000 mAh battery with 10W Charging
- Colors: Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue
- Honor 9X Price in Nepal: Rs. 29,999 (6+128GB)
Honor 9X Price & Availability in Nepal
The price of Honor 9X in Nepal is Rs 29,990 for its 6/128GB variant. The device is an average smartphone in this particular price range and it would have been a better choice if Honor had brought the Chinese variant of the device with Kirin 810.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal||Available stores|
|Honor 9X (6/128GB)||Rs 29,990||Neoteric|
Honor 9X (6+128GB) is priced at Rs. 29,990 in Nepal. At this price, the company is offering a pop-up selfie camera and a very good design. However, the big concern is it’s fairly average Kirin 710F chipset.