HTC’s intention to capitalize on the metaverse, or Web3 universe, is audacious with the new Desire 22 Pro. It’s a sequel to last year’s Desire 21 Pro, with a few metaverse-focused features. Learn about the HTC Desire 22 Pro’s specifications, features, availability, and expected pricing in Nepal.
HTC Desire 22 Pro Overview:
The HTC Desire 22 Pro has the Viverse platform built into it. Viverse is a cross-platform service that lets you take your avatar in and out of different virtual worlds. Similarly, the phone can play content on XR (Extended Reality) devices. It also comes with applications pre-installed to facilitate the trade of digital assets in the Viverse.
Likewise, users can easily create Vive Avatars and customize them. They can travel in the metaverse freely and attend virtual art exhibitions, concerts, meetings, and more.
The Vive Wallet is another essential part of the phone. Users can manage and store their virtual assets in the wallet. It also allows easy access to the Vive Market, where NFTs can be purchased and sold.
According to the company, the Vive app and VR glasses are perfectly compatible.
- Also Read:
- HTC U23 Pro with a 108MP camera, Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 launching soon
- Montblanc Summit 3 is a luxury smartwatch with a €1,250 price tag
- Solana Saga launched as a flagship Android phone for Web3
- Kacific, Everest Link introduce Nepal’s first satellite internet service
Leading the display front is a 6.6-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with a 120Hz high refresh rate. HTC provides Corning Gorilla Glass protection alongside IP67 splash and dust resistance.
The performance is handled by a Snapdragon 695 SoC paired with Adreno 619 GPU. The phone is available in a single 8/128GB memory configuration.
For optics, HTC packed the Desire 22 Pro with a 64MP triple camera setup. Over on the front, a 32MP selfie shooter is placed in a punch-hole cutout.
Moving on to the battery, the phone gets its power from a 4,520mAh cell with 18W fast charging. It also supports wireless charging.
Overall, the Desire 22 Pro is a rather ordinary midrange phone if the metaverse features are overlooked.
HTC Desire 22 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.6-inch LCD, FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Snapdragon 695 5G (7 nm)
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 128GB storage
- Rear Camera: Dual (64MP primary, 13MP ultrawide, 5MP depth)
- Front Camera: 32MP
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4520mAh, 18W fast charging, Qi-compatible wireless charging
HTC Desire 22 Pro Price and Availability
The only 8/128GB variant of the HTC Desire 22 Pro costs TWD 11,990, which translates to roughly USD 400. We expect the phone to sell at NPR 54,999 if HTC plans to launch it in Nepal.
The device is available in Gold and Midnight Black colorways. It will go on sale in Taiwan on July 1 this year. However, it is also available for pre-order in the UK for GBP 399.
- Meanwhile, check out our unboxing of the Poco F4.