As expected, Huawei has launched the successor of it’s well admired Mate 8 smartphone with a better looking, more powerful Mate 9 in an event in Munich, Germany. The Huawei Mate 9 is priced at 699 Euros (approx Rs. 83,000) and offers a 5.9-inch display, the latest Kirin 960 processor, 4GB of RAM, and Leica partnered second gen dual back camera setup.
Here’re the quick hardware specs of Huawei Mate 9:
- 5.9-inch Full HD display with 2.5D glass, 96% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM/microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor (unlocks in 0.4 sec), IR blaster
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 78.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 190g
- 4G VoLTE (CAT.12 600mbps), WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type C
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging (Super Charge with 5A/5V)
- Price: 699 Euros (approx Rs. 83,000)
The Huawei Mate 9 features an aluminum build just like its predecessor Mate 8. Huawei also borrows the dual camera setup found on the Huawei P9, but this time the monochrome sensor has been bumped up from 12MP to 20MP. There is also a new feature embedded, called the Hybrid Zoom which provides a 2x magnification.
Performance is another area where the Mate 9 flairs when compared to Mate 8 and P9. The Mate 9 boasts Kirin 960 chipset which combines the latest Cortex A73 cores with the powerful Mali-G71 GPU. The Mali- G71 GPU has 8 cores and is designed with Vulkan and VR in mind and offers a 400% increase in graphics performance, making it essential for VR.
Huawei remains faithful with the 1080P resolution despite the growing trend of 2K and 4K screen in flagship phones. The 1080P resolution on a 5.9-inch Huawei Mate 9 nets to 373ppi which is more than enough for anyone. The IPS display of the Mate 9 has a high-contrast image with accurate colors (96% coverage of NTSC).
Huawei Mate 9 has the same 4000mAh battery capacity as seen on the Mate 8, but with the more energy efficient processor, the company claims the phone will last for 2 days of heavy usage. It now comes with a Super Charge, a 5A charger that can fully recharge in 90 minutes.
Pricing & Availability of Huawei Mate 9 in Nepal:
The Huawei Mate 9 should be available in Nepal in coming months. We will let you know once we get more information.