Huawei is on fire!! In an event in Paris, Huawei launched a trio of flagship smartphones, namely the Huawei P20, Huawei P20 Pro and Huawei Mate RS. Alongside those, Huawei also unveiled the latest version of the Huawei Y7 Prime 2018.
The Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 is a device made for the budget buyers which is an improved version of the Huawei Y7 prime 2017. Good news is that this device has upgraded to having an Android Oreo Operating system and a tall display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The Huawei Y7 Prime has a 13+2 MP dual camera setup wherein the 2 MP shooter acts solely to capture the depth of information and create Bokeh effects. The selfie camera is an 8 MP shooter.
Whats really an upgrade is the display size which has increased from 5.5 inches to 5.9 inches in the latest model of Y7 prime 2018. The phone, however, uses the same chipset and GPU.
This 2018 model of the Huawei Y7 Prime comes with a refreshing EMUI 8.0 that supports screen gestures like three finger screenshots and also a Karaoke mode for entertainment! The 18:9 aspect ratio and the Android Oreo upgrade certainly follows the current trend!
Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 specifications:
- Display: 5.99 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16 M colors (269ppi density)
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 on top
- RAM: 3 GB
- ROM: 32 GB
- Chipset: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex A-53
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Rear camera: 13+2 MP with autofocus, phase detection, face detection, geo-tagging, touch focus, HDR, panorama and LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP
- Video: [email protected] fps
- Battery: 3,000 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0
- SIM(s): Dual sim, dedicated slot (Nano-SIM, Dual standby)
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, compass, etc.
The Huawei Y7 Prime was released last year with good enough features and this version of the device seems to have impressive features on a budget. How the device is in real life usage, we will have to wait till it arrives!