MediaTek has just announced Dimensity 9200+ chip, which brings a few upgrades over the flagship Dimensity 9200 that launched last year. As expected, its biggest highlight is the slightly overclocked CPU and GPU. Let’s learn more about MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ including its specifications, availability, and more.
MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ Overview:
Manufactured under the second-gen TSMC 4nm process (N4P), it has the same core cluster as the regular Dimensity 9200. However, its one Cortex-X3 core is now clocked at 3.35 GHz, while the three Cortex-A715 and four Cortex-A510 cores have a peak frequency of 3 GHz and 2 GHz, respectively.
To compare, that’s a 10% increase in max clock speed for the high-performance Cortex-X3 CPU. Whereas the older Dimensity 9200’s Cortex-A715 and Cortex-A510 cores are clocked at 2.85 GHz and 1.8 GHz, respectively. Overall, MediaTek says you can expect a 10% boost in CPU performance here.
GPU and APU
On the graphics front, its Arm Immortalis-G715 has been overclocked by 17%. And as a result, MediaTek quotes a 10% GPU performance boost here. Arm Immoratalis-G715 is an 11-core GPU, which made headlines last year with its hardware-based ray tracing support. There’s no upgrade in terms of the AI Processing Unit (APU) though, as it uses the same 6th gen APU 690.
- Also Read:
- MediaTek Dimensity 7200 announced with TSMC’s second-gen 4nm process
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 is here with a massive performance boost
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 will have a new CPU layout, a 3nm node
Rest of the specs
Besides this, Dimensity 9200+ is pretty much the same as its predecessor. It has the M80-based 5G modem that’s compatible with sub-6GHz and mmWave 5G. In terms of memory, it supports LPDDR5X RAM at up to 8533 Mbps, whereas smartphones with this chip can be configured with 144Hz WQHD or 60Hz 5K displays.
Its 18-bit HDR ISP (called Imagiq 890) can record 4K HDR videos from three cameras at once, while Dimensity 9200+ can handle up to 320MP single camera. As for wireless connectivity, it supports WiFi 7, Bluetooth 5.3, and MediaTek’s “5G UltraSave” feature.
MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ Specifications:
- Process node: TSMC 4nm (N4P)
- CPU: Octa-core
– 1x Cortex-X3 @ 3.35GHz
– 3x Cortex-A715 @ 3GHz
– 4x Cortex-A510 @ 2GHz
- GPU: 11-core
– Arm Immortalis-G715 GPU
– Hardware-based raytracing
- Display: FHD+ @ 240Hz or WHQD up to 144Hz or 5K (2.5kx2) up to 60Hz
- APU: MediaTek APU 690
- Memory: LPDDR5X (8533 Mbps) RAM, UFS 4.0 storage
- ISP: 18-bit HDR ISP, Native RGBW sensor support
- Connectivity: sub-6GHz + mmWave 5G, Bluetooth 5.3, WiFi 7
- Audio: Wireless stereo audio (24-bit / 192KHz), LE Audio
MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ Availability
Smartphones powered by MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ will hit the market by the end of the month. iQOO has already confirmed that it is launching a phone with this chip, whereas the upcoming Vivo X90s is rumored to be powered by Dimensity 9200+ as well.
- Meanwhile, check out our comparison between Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, Apple A16 Bionic, and Dimensity 9200