Even after unveiling the Meizu V8 and V8 Pro, Meizu is not done yet. It recently announced the Meizu 16X, which looks really impressive when it comes to the specs. But unlike the Meizu V8 and V8 Pro, the 16X is a mid-range handset, which is quite expensive.
In terms of display, the Meizu 16X sports a tall 6.0-inch display incorporating a Super AMOLED panel. Because of the presence of Super AMOLED panel, the display is capable of producing vibrant and accurate colors with a great contrast ratio. This display features Full-HD+ resolution. So the content on the display looks really sharp. And in the same display resides an in-display fingerprint sensor. The speed of the in-display fingerprint sensor may not be as fast as the conventional fingerprint scanners but it does give a vibe futuristic phone.
On the performance front, the Meizu 16X comes with the Snapdragon 710 chipset with 6GB of RAM alongside. In terms of storage, there are 64GB and 128GB variants. And since there is no SD card slot, users cannot expand their storage further according to there requirement. So the interested ones should really think about the storage requirements while buying this phone.
Also Read: Meizu Mobiles Price in Nepal
In terms of camera, a dual camera setup welcomes its users. The dual camera on this phone is a combination of 12MP primary sensor backed by a 20MP secondary sensor. The primary sensor boasts a 4-axis OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) and EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) to capture stable images and to shoot stable videos. And when we check into the front camera, we will find a 20MP selfie camera lying meticulously on the top.
On the software side of things, the phone is clung to the Android Oreo (v8.0). Meizu has sprinkled Flyme UI on the top to spice the things in the software in their own way. The handset also carries a 3,000mAh battery onboard.
Meizu 16X Specifications
- Display: 6.0-inch Super AMOLED display, 83.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (1080 x 2160 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio, 402PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android Oreo 8.0 with Flyme UI on the top
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64/128GB, No SD Card Slot
- Rear Camera:Dual: (12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.3″, 1.55µm, 4-axis OIS, dual pixel PDAF & laser AF) + (20 MP, f/2.6, 1/2.6″, 1.0µm, AF), Six-LED dual-tone flash
- Front Camera: 20MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 1/b/g/n/ac, USB Type C, A-GPS
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Price: CNY 2,100 ($305 or €262 or NPR 35,225) for 6/64GB
- Price: CNY 2,400 ($350 or €300 or NPR 40,425) for 6/128GB
Although the prices are out, its international availablity is still a question. But in China, it is going on sale starting from 26th September.