Xiaomi Band 6 was among the best budget fitness band last year. And now, the company has announced its successor. The new Xiaomi Mi Band 7 brings a couple of incremental upgrades. In this article, we will be discussing the key specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Xiaomi Mi Band 7 in Nepal.
Xiaomi Mi Band 7 Overview:
The first thing you will notice about the new Xiaomi Mi Band 6 is its screen. Here, Xiaomi has expanded the screen size from 1.56” to 1.62-inch. Xiaomi claims the new screen has a 25% more viewable area and can attain brightness of up to 500 nits. However, the pixel density is unchanged at 326 pixels per inch.
Likewise, the company has also added support for Always-On Display. However, it is available in select watch faces.
Except for the larger screen, the design of the Mi Band 7 is the same as its predecessor. The main body is made of polycarbonate material, while the anti-bacterial wrist bands use TPU. It has 5ATM waterproofing.
The weight of the standard version is 13.5 grams, while it is slightly higher at 13.8 grams for the NFC version.
Health and Fitness Tracking
Xiaomi Band 7 features an optical heart rate sensor for 24 hours heart monitoring and continuous blood oxygen monitoring. It can even warn users if their SpO2 level drops below the normal range.
Unfortunately, there is no built-in GPS. However, you still get 120 different sports modes. The fitness band can even record VO2 Max during heavy workouts.
Because of the 5ATM rating, you can even take the new Xiaomi Mi Band 7 to pool. It can even automatically detect four styles of swimming styles.
- Also Read:
Xiaomi Sports Health has been updated with a new Vitality Contest mode. This allows users to challenge and compete against their peers and contact. They will receive medals every time they win a contest. Likewise, they will also receive notification and exercise records of their competition.
Battery and Charging
Xiaomi Band 7 gets its juice from a 180mAh battery that the company claims can last up to 14 days on typical usage. However, on heavy use the endurance will drop to 9 days. It charges via a two-pin magnetic charger that takes 2 hours to fully charge the Mi Band 7.
Xiaomi Mi Band 7 Specifications:
- Body: 46.5 x 20.7 x 12.25 mm, 13.5-13.8gm (without strap)
- Strap: Removable TPU straps
- Display: 1.62″ AMOLED panel, 500 nits
- Resolution: 192 x 490 pixels resolution, 326 PPI
- Control: Touch, swipe
- Connection: Bluetooth LE 5.2
- Compatible with: Android 6.0, iOS 10.0 and above
- IP Rating: 5 ATM water-resistance
- Functions: Alarm, Camera Shutter, DND, Heart Rate Monitor, Notifications, Sleep Tracking, Step Counter, Sports Mode (120), continuous Blood Oxygen, Women’s Health
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyro, PPG heart rate, SpO2
- Companion App: Mi Fitness (Android | iOS)
- Battery: 180mAh, Up to 14 days endurance
- Charger: Proprietary Magnetic charger (2 hours)
Xiaomi Mi Band 7 Price in Nepal and Availability
Xiaomi Mi Band 7 is currently available in China, where it starts at CNY 249 for the standard version, while the NFC variant is a little expensive at CNY 299. If Xiaomi launches it in Nepal, we can expect the price of the Mi Band 7 in Nepal to start at NPR 5,500.
|Xiaomi Band 7||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Xiaomi Mi Band 6.