Moto’s Edge 40 is one of the most hyped midrange phones of 2023, thanks to balanced specs at a competitive price. Now the device is launching soon in Nepal. This smartphone carries the legacy of the Moto’s Edge (curved) display with a fairly powerful Mediatek Dimesnity 8020 chipset and IP68 rating. More about the specs, features, and expected price of Moto Edge 40 in Nepal in this article.
Moto Edge 40 Overview:
Design and Display
Visual-wise, the Moto Edge 40 takes some cues from its Edge 40 Pro sibling. Both phones are pretty identical from the front side while the slight difference is visible on the back. What’s new for the vanilla Edge 40 is its vegan leather coating in Nebula Green and Eclipse Black color options. They are slightly heavier at 171gm than the Lunar Blue variant with an acrylic finish at 167g.
Besides that, the primary camera module is bigger than the secondary on Edge 40 as compared to the symmetrical ones on the Edge 40 Pro. To top it all, Moto has also provided an IP68 rating against dust and water drips.
On the front side, you are looking at a 6.55-inch P-OLED display. This 8-bit FHD+ display bears impressive specs such as 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, DCI-P3 color space, HDR10+, and 1200nits peak brightness.
Running the show under the hood is a Mediatek Dimesnity 8020 chipset. This 5G silicon is fabricated on a 6nm process and features four Cortex-A78 cores at 2.60 GHz alongside four Cortex-A55 cores at 2.0 GHz. Likewise, the chip is paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. As for the OS, it boots on MY UX skin built on top of Android 13.
Coming to the optics, the Moto Edge 40 sports a dual camera setup on its back. The primary camera is a 50MP shooter with Omni-directional PDAF and OIS. It is followed by a 13MP ultrawide sensor with 120° FOV, which also doubles as a macro camera. Upfront, you get a 32MP selfie snapper.
- Also Read:
- Motorola Mobile Price in Nepal 2023 [Updated]
- This Motorola phone brings built-in stylus and 5G connectivity under $400
- Motorola’s new budget phone comes with a built-in stylus
- Asus Zenbook 14 (2023) with Ryzen 7000 CPUs is now available in Nepal
Battery, Charging, and Others
Fueling the smartphone is a 4400mAh battery with 68W wired fast charging and 15W wireless charging. And the connectivity options include WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, and a USB Type-C port. Furthermore, the Edge 40 also houses an in-display fingerprint scanner, and Dolby Atmos tuned dual stereo speakers.
Moto Edge 40 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 158.43 x 71.99 x 7.49mm, 199 gm
- Display: 6.55-inch FHD+ pOLED, 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, DCI-P3, 8-bit color depth
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 8020 5G (6nm)
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4X, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Water resistance: IP68 dust/water resistant
- Software & UI: Android 13 with My UX 5.0 on top
- Rear Camera: Dual (with LED flash)
– 50MP primary, OIS
– 13MP ultrawide, 120° FoV
- Front Camera: 32MP sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2
- Battery: 4400mAh, 68W wired charging, 15W wireless charging
- Color Options: Nebula Green, Lunar Blue, Eclipse Black
Moto Edge 40 Price in Nepal and Availability
The official price of the Moto Edge 40 smartphone in India is INR 29,999 for the sole 8/256GB variant. We can expect the Moto Edge 40 price in Nepal to be NPR 54,999 if and when it launches here.
|Moto Edge 40||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/256GB||INR 29,999||NPR 54,999|
- Meanwhile, you can check our review of Moto Edge 40 here: