The iPhone 15 series is finally available for preorder in Nepal. If you are looking for an affordable non-pro iPhone, the iPhone 15 is the way to go. Anyway, lets walk through the specs, features, and expected price in Nepal of the iPhone 15 in this article.
iPhone 15 Overview:
Design and Display
The iPhone 15 shares an identical visual to the iPhone 14. While the titanium frame is reserved for the Pro/Pro Max siblings, the aerospace-grade aluminum frame is still a sturdy thing on the vanilla iPhone 15. Besides this, its rear panel is polished with nanocrystalline particles for a textured matte finish. Likewise, you get an IP68 rating for protection against dust and water drips. Apple ships this guy in five color options: Black, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink.
Getting to the display, it’s the same panel as the iPhone 14 Pro at 6.1 inches in size. This Super Retina XDR screen bears an FHD+ resolution (2556 x 1179 pixels), HDR10, Dolby Vision, 2,000 nits of peak brightness, and Ceramic Shield glass protection.
Sadly, the refresh rate has stayed the same at 60Hz to bridge the gap with the Pro siblings. What’s new this time is the arrival of Dynamic Island, Apple’s “innovative” way of making the best out of a notch, introduced in the iPhone 14 Pro Series. And this finally marks the end of the gigantic notch.
Running the show on the core is Apple’s last year chipset, the A16 Bionic. To recall, Apple brought the culture of using last-gen chips on the vanilla and Plus models from the iPhone 14 series. While it’s not as powerful as the latest A17 Pro SoC on the iPhone 15 Pro lineup, the A16 Bionic still packs a load of punch.
This 4nm-fabbed chip features a hexa-core architecture with two Everest cores at 3.46GHz and four Sawtooth cores at 2.0GHz clock speeds. Handling the graphics tasks and gaming is the 5-core GPU from Apple.
As for the software, the iPhone 15 boots on the latest iOS 17. This iteration brings a bunch of improvements and customization options such as customized caller ID, message transcription, Namedrop (sharing contact through Airdrop), StandBy Mode, and such.
Getting to the optics, Apple still lays a dual camera setup on this vanilla model. However, the primary shooter gets a resolution bump this time, with a 48MP sensor. This quad-pixel camera brings 100% Focus Pixels for swift autofocus. What’s more interesting is the 24MP super-high-res mode which is set by default. Apple claims superb image quality at a practical file size with this mode. To address the lack of a zoom unit here, this vanilla model offers a 2X telephoto option as well.
Moving to the front, you get a 12MP TrueDepth camera engraved on the Dynamic Island which also doubles as a 3D face scanner for biometrics security.
- Also Read:
- Apple iPhone Price in Nepal [Updated]
- iPhone 15 Pro Max with A17 Pro chip launching soon in Nepal
- iPhone 15 Pro with a titanium body is arriving in Nepal pretty soon
- iPhone 15 Plus with A16 Bionic, Dynamic Island launching soon in Nepal
USB-C and others
With the EU mandating a USB-C port in different consumer electronic goods in its region, Apple has finally abstained from its Lightning port on the entire iPhone 15 Series. Unfortunately, the vanilla model equips an older, slower USB 2.0 port while the Pro siblings enjoy a faster USB 3.0 connection. You still get reverse charging via a USB-C to USB-C cable to charge your new updated AirPods Pro and Apple Watch.
As usual, Apple hasn’t mentioned the actual battery size of its latest iPhones but unofficial third-party teardowns should reveal that info shortly. Anyway, there’s no upgrade in the charging department since the iPhone 15’s wired and wireless charging speed is still capped at 20W and 15W (via MagSafe) respectively.
Whereas the phone still retains satellite connectivity, crash detection, and emergency SOS features. Apple has also introduced “Roadside Assistance” this time which uses satellite connection for calling in help for vehicles in deserted spots with no cellular connectivity.
iPhone 15 Specifications:
- Dimension: 147.6 x 71.6 x 7.8mm, 171 grams
- Display: 6.1‑inch OLED, Super Retina XDR, 60Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: 2556 x 1179 pixels, 460 ppi
- Chipset: A16 Bionic (4nm) processor, 6 CPU cores + 5 GPU cores, 16-core Neural Engine
- Storage: 128/256/512GB (non-upgradeable)
- Operating System: iOS 17
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + eSIM), dual eSIM
- Back Camera: Dual:
– 48MP f/1.6 primary camera, 2x optical zoom, sensor-shift OIS
– 12MP f/2.4 ultrawide camera, 120° field of view
- Front Camera: 12MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture
- Security: TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition
- Connectivity: 5G (sub-6GHz and mmWave), WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS with Glonass, Galileo, QZSS, and Beidou, NFC, UWB
- Other features: Water and dust resistance (IP68), Stereo speakers
- Battery: Up to 20 hours of video playback, 7.5W Qi Wireless Charging, 15W MagSafe Wireless Charger (No adapter included in the box)
iPhone 15 Price in Nepal and Availability
The iPhone 15 price in Nepal starts at Rs. 157,499 for the base 128GB. The 256GB and 512GB memory configuration costs Rs. 176,499 and Rs. 214,499 respectively. You can pre-order the iPhone 15 from Hukut Store in Nepal.
Price in Nepal (Official)
- Meanwhile, check out iPhone 14 Pro Max review