Back in December last year, Motorola launched the Moto X40 in China. Now the phone has arrived in the global market with the Edge 40 Pro moniker. So, let’s take a look into the specs, features, and expected price of the Motorola Edge 40 Pro in Nepal.
Motorola Edge 40 Pro Overview:
Display and Design
One of the significant highlights of the Edge 40 Pro is its 2.5D curved 6.67-inch FHD+ pOLED panel with a 165Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate. This borderless screen has a 10-bit color depth, alongside HDR10+ and Dolby Vision certification, supporting HDR playback on Youtube & Amazon Prime Video.
Other attributes of this display include DC dimming, DCI-P3 color space, 1300 nits of peak brightness, and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. As the name implies, the smartphone boasts a curved aluminum frame body with 8.6mm thickness and 200 grams weight. The Gorilla Glass Victus also gets carried here on the back panel. Other than this, the Edge 40 Pro is IP68 dust and water-resistant. It is available in only one color option— Interstellar Black.
Coming to the optics, the redesigned camera island also follows the curved pattern on the edges. It houses a 50MP, f/1.8 primary sensor with OIS like its predecessor, the Edge 30 Pro. a 50MP ultra-wide autofocus camera with a 114° FoV, and a 12MP telephoto unit with 2x optical zoom. And as a flagship phone, the main lens can shoot up to 8K videos at 30fps. Moving on, the Edge 40 Pro also retains the 60MP front camera.
Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Since it’s a flagship phone after all, it is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset. This 5G silicon is based on TSMC’s 4nm process and features a high-performance Cortex-X3 core, four Performance cores (2.8GHz), and three Efficiency cores (@2.0GHz).
Memory options include 12GB LPDDR5X RAM and 256GB UFS 4.0 internal storage. And to keep things nice and cool, Motorola has used an 11-layer 3D heat dissipation system with a cooling surface of 24868.28 sq. mm. The phone boots on Android 13-based My UX 5.0.
- Also Read:
- Motorola might finally be working on an affordable foldable phone
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G with Snapdragon 695 goes official in Nepal
- Motorola Mobile Price in Nepal [Updated]
- Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 30,000 in Nepal [Updated]
Moving on, the Edge 40 Pro gets its juice from a 4600mAh battery. It is complemented by 125W TurboPower fast charging alongside 15W wireless, and 5W reverse wireless charging support.
For audio, Motorola has provided a dual stereo speaker setup with Dolby Atmos support. Whereas wireless connectivity options include tri-band WiFi 7, NFC, GPS, and Bluetooth 5.3.
Motorola Edge 40 Pro Specifications:
- Dimensions: 161.16 x 74 x 8.59mm, 199 gm
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ pOLED, 165Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, DCI-P3, 10-bit color depth, Dolby Vision, DC dimming, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4nm)
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5X, 256GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Water resistance: IP68 dust/water resistant
- Software & UI: Android 13 with My UX 5.0 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple
– 50MP primary, OIS
– 50MP ultrawide, 114° FoV
– 12MP telephoto, 2x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 60MP sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Tri-band Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.3
- Battery: 4600mAh, 125W wired charging, 15W wireless charging, 5W reverse wireless charging
- Color Options: Interstellar Black
Motorola Edge 40 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
In the UK, the official pricing for the Edge 40 Pro is GBP 799.99 for the sole 12/256GB variant. As known, the brand hasn’t launched the flagship Edge series in Nepal. If it plans to launch the device here, we can expect the Motorola Edge 40 Pro price in Nepal to be NPR 131,999.
Motorola Edge 40 Pro
Price in the UK (Official)
Price in Nepal (Expected)
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Motorola Moto G82.