Motorola has announced the latest refresh of its Moto G series of smartphones. Alongside the new Moto G Stylus, the company also announced the 2023 edition of the Moto G 5G. So let’s learn more about Moto G 5G 2023, including its specifications, availability, and expected price in Nepal.
Moto G 5G (2023) Overview:
Design and Build
Being a budget smartphone, the Moto G 5G (2023) has an all-plastic build. And it measures 8.4mm thick and weighs 189 grams.
Like Motorola’s most other budget and midrange devices, this one also features a water-repellent build quality. Whereas the screen here is a 6.5″ HD+ LCD unit with a 120Hz refresh rate.
Performance and Memory
Powering the Moto G 5G (2023) is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 480+ chip. Built on an 8nm process, it is pretty energy-efficient but not that powerful. For instance, MediaTek Helio G99, which is on the much more affordable phones like the Realme 10 (review), comfortably outperforms the 480+ in almost all categories except the 5G part.
Anyway, Motorola has paired this with 4GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. And it brings an SD card slot for storage expansion too. In terms of software, the phone runs on (nearly stock) Android 13 out-of-the-box, with a few Motorola apps sprinkled on top.
- Also Read:
- Moto Edge 40 launched in India with a 144Hz curved OLED display
- Nothing confirms that the phone (2) is launching this summer
- Motorola announces a couple of smartwatches with Moto Watch OS
- Motorola’s latest budget phone, the Moto E13, launched in Nepal
Camera and Battery
Moto G 5G (2023) features a dual camera setup at the back, consisting of a 48MP f/1.7 primary and a 2MP f/2.4 macro sensor. Then there’s an 8MP front camera for selfies and video calls. Both the rear and front camera max out at 1080p 30 fps videos.
Moto G 5G (2023) gets its juice from a large 5000mAh battery. And Motorola says it can last you up to 2 whole days. It only supports up to 15W charging though which is relatively slow by today’s standards.
Moto G 5G (2023) Specifications:
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD screen, HD+ (720p), 120Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ 5G (8nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: Motorola MY UX 5 on top of Android 13
- Rear Camera: Dual (48MP primary, 2MP macro)
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor (hole-punch)
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- Connectivity: WiFi 5 (dual-band), Bluetooth 5.1, 4G, 5G
- Battery: 5000mAh with 15W charging (USB-C)
Moto G 5G (2023) Price in Nepal and Availability
In the US, the Moto G 5G (2023) sells for USD 250 and will be available starting May 25. We expect the Motorola Moto G 5G (2023) price in Nepal to be NPR 34,999 if and when it launches here.
|Moto G 5G (2023)||Price in the US||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/128GB||USD 250||NPR 34,999|
- Meanwhile, check out our Xiaomi 13 Lite (review)