Motorola has upped its games in terms of releasing smartphones. In the latter half of 2019, we’ve seen Motorola rolled out its Android One series devices. First, there was the Motorola One Vision. A fairly good device with cinemascope display. Then came the Action One. A similar one featuring an Action camera at a cheaper price. Now, at the IFA 2019, the company has come up with tow new phones. One of the announced phones, despite being named the Motorola One Zoom, is not the part of the Android One program. And the other one is the Moto E6 Plus.
Motorola One Zoom Overview
The device features a 6.4-inch OLED display. The screen supports Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and has an aspect ratio of 19:9. Having an OLED display, Motorola One Zoom indeed has an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Talking about the processor, it uses the Snapdragon 675 SoC. It is a mid-range processor similar to the one seen in Redmi Note 7 Pro. Furthermore, the chipset has an integrated Adreno 612 GPU. Moreover, the device will be available in only one RAM variant. It will be a 4GB/128GB variant. However, the storage can be expanded up to 1TB as there is a micro SD slot.
Moving on to the cameras, the rear camera is a quad-cam setup. Its primary sensor is of 48MP with 4-in-1 pixel binning capability. The primary lens is complemented by an 8MP telephoto lens, a 16MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 5MP depth sensor. As for the front camera, there is a powerful 25MP selfie shooter. Furthermore, the front camera comes with Quad Pixel technology. This allows for better low-light selfies.
Motorola One Zoom runs on Android 9 pie. However, as mentioned earlier, the device is not part of the Android One program. It is powered by a 4000mAh battery. And it supports 15W fast charging.
Motorola One Zoom Specifications
- Design: Glass body front and back, Aluminum frame
- Display: 6.4″ OLED display with Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2340 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Quad, 48 MP primary lens with f/1.7 aperture & PDAF + 16 MP Ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture + 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture + 5MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 25 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core 11nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 128 GB onboard, expandable
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 15-W Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Starting Price: EUR 429
Moto E6 Plus Overview
The other device announced by Motorola in this year’s IFA is the Moto E6 Plus. This one features a slightly smaller screen than the One Zoom. It has a 6.1-inch Max Vision IPS display. The supported resolution is 720 x 1560 pixels i.e the screen has an HD+ display only.
The Moto E6 is powered by the MediaTek Helio P22 SoC. It is a fairly competitive mid-range octa-core processor. The RAM variants for this one are 2GB and 4GB. They will have 32GB and 64GB of onboard storage respectively. However, there is a dedicated micro SD slot which allows expansion of storage up to 512GB.
It has a dual-camera setup on the back. The primary camera is a 13MP sensor whereas the other one is a 2MP depth sensor. For selfies, there’s an 8MP selfie shooter. And oh, the fingerprint sensor on this one is rear mounted.
Similar to the One Zoom, this device too runs on Android 9 Pie. It comes with a 3000mAh battery. However, there is no fast charging option available.
Moto E6 Plus Specifications
- Design: plastic body
- Display: 6.1″ IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution (750 x 1560 pixels)
- Rear Camera: dual, 13 MP primary lens with f/2.0 aperture & PDAF + 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core 12nm MediaTek Helio P22
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2GB, 4GB
- Storage: 2GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB onboard, expandable
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Starting Price: EUR 139