If you remember what the OPPO A5 was like, you won’t have a hard time memorizing the specs of the OPPO A5s as well, just remember this one has Helio P35 instead of Snapdragon 450. Yes, another insignificant change is the smaller notch. Otherwise, everything else is the same.
The device has not been launched yet though. It will probably go on sale after a few days. The device may also be known as OPPO AX5s in some regions.
The upcoming device has a 6.2 inches HD display. The notch, as mentioned earlier has transformed to become a teardrop one. The back camera setup is the same as before, a 13+2 MP setup and the selfie camera is an 8 MP shooter.
Also read: OPPO mobiles price in Nepal
The chipset is a slight upgrade from last time as the Helio P35 runs at a higher clock speed although both the processors have the same Cortex A53 cores. Similarly, the GPUs are different too, which is obvious. With this one, you get the PowerVR GE8320, which if sounds familiar, is the same as the Helio P22.
Sadly, the software remains the same, Android Oreo 8.1 with Color OS 5.2. Likewise, no change in battery either, it’s the same 4,230 mAh.
But the device does come in different color options of Black, Gold, Green, and Red. We have not been informed about the pricing or the availability of these devices, however.
OPPO A5s Specifications:
- Display: 6.2 inches HD IPS LCD with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Platform: Android Oreo 8.1 with Color OS 5.2
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Back camera: 13 MP f/2.2 +2 MP f/2.4
- Front camera: 8 MP f/2.0
- Video: 1080p@30 fps
- RAM: 2 or 3 or 4 GB
- ROM: 32 or 64 GB expandable up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- SIM (s): Dual SIM
- Colors: Red, Black, Gold, Green