So, the Oppo A7 was, as we said in our review, a mid-range phone with budget specs. The Oppo A7 is such a phone, that catches your eye, but, sadly nothing else. It does look attractive, yes, but the price was not justified at all. And since its launch, it has received a few price drop. But, finally, with a major discount for the festival of Ramadan, will it be finally worth it after the Oppo A7 price drop?
Oppo A7 Overview
The Oppo A7, as aforementioned, does look attractive on first glance. It has a polycarbonate body, but shiny glossy finish. The display is a 6.2″ IPS LCD panel with a waterdrop notch, which is the trend, anyway. But the resolution is only HD+, so, gotta live with that. However, it’s not the first time such a large screen had only HD+ resolution.
Furthermore, it packs a dual camera at the back – which seems like the base standard of dual cameras – a 13 MP primary lens with a 2 MP depth sensor. However, the selfie-centric phone comes with a good 16 MP camera. And also, it’s got a huge 4230 mAh battery, which will last you two days on normal usage.
However, the phone runs on a low-end Snapdragon 450 processor. It’s got a 4 GB RAM, and 64 GB storage, but then again, the bottle-neck is already the processor. This is the main reason, the initial price was not good for this phone. But now, it gets Rs.5000 off! So, you can now buy this phone now, for Rs.27,990! Still, with phones like Redmi Note 7 out there that provide much more for the price…I doubt this is worth it.
Oppo A7 Specifications:
- Design: Glossy plastic construction
- Display: 6.2″ IPS LCD HD+ resolution (720 x 1520 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Dual Camera setup, 13 MP primary lens with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16 MP camera with f/2.0 aperture
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB internal storage + dedicated microSD card slot (up to 256 GB)
- Battery: 4230 mAh
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo with ColorsOS 5.2 on top
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Price in Nepal: