Poco Global held an online event yesterday to announce the arrival of their latest M-series phone. The new Poco M4 Pro 5G succeeds the M3 Pro 5G that was launched earlier this year and is a simple rebrand of the Redmi Note 11 launched a while back. In this post, we will be discussing the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Poco M4 Pro 5G in Nepal.
Poco M4 Pro 5G Overview:
Design and Display
Poco M4 Pro 5G sports a 6.6-inch IPS display that is marginally bigger than the one on its predecessor. The refresh rate still maxes at 90Hz, while the touch sampling rate has been bumped from 180Hz to 240Hz. It boasts a typical brightness of 450 nits and has Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
At the back, Poco has gone with a familiar bold design that debuted with the Poco M3. Here, the rectangular camera bump is enclosed inside a big black envelope with a “Poco” branding. The phone is available in three colors: Poco Yellow, Power Black, and Cool Blue.
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, Poco M4 Pro 5G packs MediaTek Dimensity 810 chipset. To compare, it is a higher-clocked version of the Dimensity 700 used in the M3 Pro. In addition, it is also built on a more power-efficient 6nm process. The memory options include 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM and either 64 or 128GB UFS 2.2 storage.
- Also Read:
Moving on, the rear camera setup on the Poco M4 Pro 5G has only two sensors, which is one less than its predecessor. Fortunately, Poco has replaced the two 2MP sensors to make room for an 8MP ultrawide camera. It accompanies the new 50MP primary sensor. Over on the front, the resolution of the selfie camera has been doubled to 16MP.
Rest of the specs
Like its predecessor, Poco M4 Pro 5G also features a large 5,000mAh battery. The charging speed has improved significantly, as it supports 33W Pro fast charging. The phone boots on Android 11-based MIUI 12.5 for Poco. The phone features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and stereo speakers. Poco has also improved on the haptics by including a linear X-axis motor.
Poco M4 Pro 5G Specifications:
- Body (W x H x D): 75.78 x 163.56 x 8.75mm, 195 gm
- Display: 6.6-inches IPS LCD, 50/60/90Hz DynamicSwitch, 450 nits (typ), Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio, 405 PPI
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G (6nm Mobile Platform)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128GB UFS 2.2 storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 11 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 12.5 for Poco on top
- Rear Camera: Dual (50MP f/1.8 primary, 8MP f/2.4 ultrawide)
- Front Camera: 16MP f/2.0 sensor (punch-hole)
- Audio: Stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Electronic Compass, Gyroscope, IR Blaster
- Connectivity: Dual SIM 5G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.1
- Battery: 5000mAh with 33W Pro fast charge
- Color Options: Poco Yellow, Power Black, Cool Blue
Poco M4 Pro 5G Price in Nepal and Availability
Poco M4 Pro is available in the global market, where its price is EUR 229 for the 4/64GB and EUR 249 for the 6/128GB variant. The company is offering an early bird discount of EUR 30 on both variants. We expect the price of Poco M4 Pro 5G in Nepal to start at NPR 32,500 when it launches here.
|Poco M4 Pro 5G||Global Price||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||EUR 229||NPR 32,500|
|6/128GB||EUR 249||NPR 35,500|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Poco M3 Pro 5G.