Poco has just launched its latest mid-range phone in the global market. The Poco M3 Pro is the first device in the company’s M-lineup with 5G connectivity and a higher refresh rate screen. Here, we will be discussing the key specs and features of the Poco M3 Pro 5G along with its expected price in Nepal.
Poco M3 Pro 5G Overview:
Design and Display
Poco M3 Pro features a 6.5-inch FHD+ DotDisplay with a 90Hz refresh rate. The company has included DynamicSwitch technology that switches between 30Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, and 90Hz based on the content being viewed. Its 360˚ambient light sensor has 4096 different brightness levels.
Poco M3 Pro 5G is based on Redmi Note 10 5G. To differentiate the two, Poco has gone with an aggressive design here. It’s quite apparent with the huge camera module and the Poco branding.
The 3D-curved back of the M3 Pro has a glossy finish and is available in three colors – Poco Yellow, Power Blue, and Cool Blue. It surely is a big phone with 8.92mm thickness and a weight of 190 grams.
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, Poco M3 Pro 5G packs MediaTek’s Dimensity 700, which is based on a 7nm process. It features two Cortex-A76 cores and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and 2.0GHz, respectively. There is a Mali-G57 GPU for graphics rendering which is clocked at 950MHz.
Poco M3 Pro 5G supports 12 different 5G bands. It supports dual 5G standby as well. The chipset even supports 5G carrier aggregation but it looks like the feature is not activated in the M3 Pro 5G.
The phone has a triple-camera setup. Its 48MP primary lens utilizes a 1/2″ sensor. It shoots 12MP shoots natively with 4-in-1 pixel binning. Here, four pixels combine to a Super Pixel of 1.6µm. Sadly, there is no ultrawide camera here. What you get instead are two 2MP sensors for macro and portrait shots.
On the front, there is an 8MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
Rest of the specs
The phone packs in a 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging. Poco is including a 22.5W charger in the box too. The phone supports dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, IR blaster, and Multi-Function NFC. However, the availability of the latter will vary according to the market.
Poco X3 Pro Specifications:
- Body: 161.81 x 75.34 x 8.92mm, 190 grams
- Display: 6.5-inches IPS LCD panel, 90Hz refresh rate with DynamicSwitch, 400 nits, Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G (7nm)
- Memory: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128GB UFS 2.2 storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 12 for Poco on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera;
– 48MP f/1.79 primary sensor
– 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor
– 2MP f/2.4 macro lens
– LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP f/2.0 sensor (punch-hole)
- Security: Physical fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C, NFC (select region), IR Blaster
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging (22.5W charger in-box)
- Colors: Power Black, Poco Yellow, Cool Blue
Poco M3 Pro 5G Price in Nepal & Availability
Poco M3 Pro 5G will go on sale from May 20 where its price is EUR 179 and EUR 199 for the 4/64GB and 6/128GB variant, respectively. There’s an early bird offer too, discounting each model by 20 Euros. We expect the price of Poco M3 Pro 5G in Nepal to start at NPR 27,000 when it launches here.
|Poco M3 Pro 5G||Global Price||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||EUR 179||NPR 27,000|
|6/128GB||EUR 199||NPR 30,500|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Poco F3 (Mi 11x).