Realme has announced a new device in its 8 series, called the Realme 8s 5G. It’s the world’s first smartphone with MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G chipset. So, let’s get into the specs, features, availability, and expected price of Realme 8s 5G in Nepal.
Realme 8s 5G Overview:
Design and Display
Starting with the display, the 8s 5G flaunts a 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel with FHD+ resolution and a 90.5% screen-to-body ratio. The screen has a peak brightness of 600 nits, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
On to the design, it comes with a rectangular camera module at the back and a punch-hole cutout on the front. Thankfully, there is no “Dare to Leap” branding this time around like on the standard Realme 8. The Realme 8s 5G is available in two color options: Universe Blue and Universe Purple.
- Also Read:
Now, as aforementioned, the Realme 8s 5G is powered by the new MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G chipset (6nm). This chipset has two Cortex-A76 and six Cortex-A55 CPU cores. Accompanying it is up to 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and up to 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage.
In addition, the device also supports virtual RAM expansion that the company is citing as “DRE Technology”. With this, you can extend the phone’s RAM up to 13GB. Similarly, the handset sports a 5000mAh cell that supports 33W fast charging.
Over on the optics, it has a triple-camera setup at the back. There’s a 64MP primary, a B&W portrait, and a macro sensor. On the front, there’s a 16MP camera inside the left-aligned punch-hole cutout. Here, the rear camera can shoot up to 1080p videos at 30fps.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, Realme 8s 5G has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for biometrics. The device boots on Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11. The wireless connectivity options include WiFi (2.4G/5.1/5.8GHz) and Bluetooth 5.1. Plus, the device supports dual 5G standby.
Realme 8s 5G Specifications:
- Body: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.8mm, 191 gm
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel, 90Hz refresh rate, 600 nits peak brightness
- Resolution: Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 90.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G (6nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2× Cortex-A76 & 6x Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 6/8GB LPDDR4X RAM (5GB expandable RAM)
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1 storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 11 with Realme UI 2.0 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 64MP f/1.8 primary lens
– B&W Portrait lens
– 4cm Macro lens
- Front Camera: 16MP f/2.1 (punch-hole)
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Sensors: Acceleration, Gyroscope, Magnetic Induction, Proximity, Light
- Connectivity: Dual 5G SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / Beidou, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 33W Dart Charge
- Color Options: Universe Blue, Universe Purple
Realme 8s 5G Price in Nepal and Availability
Realme 8s 5G will be available in India from September 13 at a price of INR 17,999 for the 6/128GB variant while the 8/128GB model costs INR 19,999. We expect the price of Realme 8s 5G in Nepal to start at around NPR 32,000 if and when it launches here.
|Realme 8s||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|6/128GB||INR 17,999||NPR 32,000|
|8/128GB||INR 19,999||NPR 35,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of Realme 8.