It’s only been a few months since the release of the Realme GT Neo 5 (aka Realme GT 3). And it looks like the company is already planning for an upgrade as Realme GT Neo 5 Pro was recently spotted on China’s MIIT certification.
Realme GT Neo 5 Pro Rumors
According to a leak, two new Realme phones were recently approved by China’s MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology), with the model numbers “RMX3820” and “RMX3823”. Although it’s unclear if these are two different phones or different variants of one phone but one of them is speculated to be the upcoming GT Neo 5 Pro.
And reliable tipster Digital Chat Station has also suggested the launch of Realme GT Neo 5 Pro, alongside other upcoming flagships like the Redmi K60U, OnePlus Ace 2 Pro, and iQOO 11S. The GT Neo 5 Pro will be Realme’s flagship offering and come with the highest-end hardware. On this assumption, it is likely that the phone will be powered by the upcoming Snapdragon 8+ Gen 2 chip.
As expected from Qualcomm’s “+” refresh, the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 2 will bring some slight performance and efficiency gains over the already-excellent Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.
- Also Read:
- The upcoming Realme GT Neo 6 will feature a surprising downgrade
- Realme Pad 2 to feature an 8360mAh battery, 33W fast charging
- Realme GT Neo 5 Pro tipped to be powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 2
Besides that, the phone is expected to feature a big 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and 1.5K resolution. Just like the regular Realme GT Neo 5, it will have 2160Hz high-frequency PWM Dimming too. It’ll boot on Android 13 out of the box with Realme UI 4.0 on top.
Since this is a flagship phone, we don’t expect Realme to hold back in other aspects either. So the phone could come with up to 16GB of LPDDR5x RAM and up to 1TB of UFS 4.0 storage. Similarly, leaks also suggest a big 5000mAh battery with 100W charging for the GT Neo 5 Pro. Whereas the phone could have a triple camera setup with an optically-stabled 50MP main sensor. On the other hand, its design is also expected to be similar to the Realme 11 Pro series.
Realme GT Neo 5 Pro Specifications (Rumored):
- Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED panel, 144Hz refresh rate, 2160 high-frequency PWM Dimming
- Resolution: 1.5K (2772 x 1240 pixels)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 2 (4nm)
- Software & UI: Android 13 with Realme UI 4.0 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (50MP primary with OIS)
- Battery: 5000mAh with 100W charging
- Memory: 16GB RAM, 512GB / 1TB storage
Realme GT Neo 5 Pro Price and Launch
For now, there is no information on how much the phone is going to cost or when it will launch. We will be sure to update this article once those details are available.
- Meanwhile, check our unboxing and impressions of Realme GT Neo 5