The internet has been swirling with rumors about Redmi 10X series and its finally here. As expected, both these phones become the first one to be powered by the new MediaTek Dimensity 820 SoC. And it will support dual standby functionality on 5G. That means if you have two 5G SIM cards, then both if then can remain connected at the same time. Let’s learn more about the Redmi 10X series along with its price and expected availability in Nepal here.
Redmi 10X 5G Series Overview
The Redmi 10X and 10X pro are mid-range offerings from the company. The highlight of these devices is the latest MediaTek Dimensity 820 SoC that supports dual 5G connectivity. Now, you might be wondering why you might need two active 5G connection. After all, even a single 5G connection offers great transmission speed and lower latency. So, why two active 5G connections? Well, apparently Redmi has countered this question with “why not?”.
I mean the benefits are obvious. With two active 5G connections and the power of the Dimensity 820, users will be able to switch between two extremely fast connections simultaneously. However, the dual 5G will be available only in July after the OTA update.
The Redmi 10X and 10X Pro are more or less similar. Both of them come with a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display with fullHD+ resolution and HDR10+ support. It comes with an always-on feature. and is highly customizable with various text, patterns, and images.
They also feature the same camera setup of 48MP primary lens and an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens. However, the Pro version has an 8MP 3X optical zoom lens and a 5MP macro lens, whereas the vanilla 10X has a 2MP depth sensor. The front houses a tiny teardrop notch. Considering cheaper Redmi phones have a punch-hole cutout, the design from the front on the Redmi 10X looks quite boring. The 10X Pro has a 20MP selfie module, opposed to the 10X’s 16MP.
Backing up the phone is a 4520mAh battery with a fast charger out of the box. It runs on Android 10 with the latest MIUI 12 out of the box. Design-wise, it looks very similar to the Redmi Note 9 series except for the fingerprint sensor as the Redmi 10X series comes with an in-display sensor.
- Display: 6.57-inch (2400 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness HDR 10+, DC dimming
- SoC: MediaTek Dimensity 820 processor (7nm)
- CPU: Octa Core (4 X 2.6GHz Cortex A76 + 4 X 2Ghz Cortex A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC5 GPU
- RAM: 8GB (10X 5G) | 6 or 8GB (10X 5G) DDR4X
- ROM: 128/256GB (10X 5G Pro) | 64/128/256 (10X 5G) UFS 2.1
- Back Camera:
– 48MP primary with PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash
– 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens
– 8MP telephoto lens with OIS, 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom + 5MP 2cm macro lens (only on the 10X Pro 5G)
– 2MP depth sensor (only on the 10X 5G)
- Front Camera: 20MP (10X 5G Pro) | 16MP (10X 5G)
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Sub 6Ghz 5G SA / NSA), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (10X Pro 5G), USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack,
- Dimensions: 164.16× 75.75×8.99mm
- Weight: 205g (10X 5G) / 208g (10X Pro 5G)
- Water resistant: Yes, IP53
- Battery: 4520mAh with 33W (10X Pro 5G ) / 22.5W (10X 5G)
Redmi 10X 5G Series Price & Availability in Nepal
The Redmi 10X comes with a base variant of 6GB RAM/64GB of storage and carries a price tag of 1599 yuan (US$ 224 / Rs. 27,121 in Nepal). This makes the Redmi 10X 5G the cheapest 5G smartphone of till date. Similarly, the Redmi 10X Pro comes with a base variant of 8GB RAM/128GB of storage and is priced at 2299 yuan (US$ 322 / Rs. 38,995 in Nepal). We don’t expect the Redmi 10X 5G series to launch in Nepal as we don’t have 5G in Nepal yet. Hence, Xiaomi might launch the 4G variant of 10X, which is actually the rebranded Redmi Note 9.
|Model Name||Price in China||Price in Nepal
|Redmi 10X 5G (6GB/64GB)||1599 yuan||Rs. 27,000|
|Redmi 10X 5G (6GB/128GB)||1799 yuan||Rs. 30,500|
|Redmi 10X 5G (8GB/128GB)||2099 yuan||Rs. 35,500|
|Redmi 10X 5G (8GB/256GB)||2399 yuan||Rs. 40,500|
|Redmi 10X Pro 5G (8GB/128GB)||2299 yuan||Rs. 39,000|
|Redmi 10X Pro 5G (8GB/256GB)||2599 yuan||Rs. 44,000|