Alongside Redmi A2, Xiaomi has quietly launched the Redmi A2+ as well. This is the successor to last year’s Redmi A1+. Let’s learn more about the Redmi A2+, including its full specifications, expected price in Nepal, and more.
Redmi A2+ Overview
Design and Display
There’s no design upgrade this time as the Redmi A2+ looks the exact same as its predecessor. The back has a leather-textured finish and features a dual-camera setup. And the only difference between Redmi A2 and A2+ is that this guy also has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Even the color options—Light Green, Light Blue, and Black—are identical on these phones. Moving on, you’re looking at a 6.52″ HD+ LCD display with thick bezels (especially at the bottom) and a teardrop notch for the front camera.
Redmi A2+ is powered by the same MediaTek Helio G36 chip as the Redmi A2. It has an octa-core CPU with four Cortex-A53 (@2.2 GHz) and four Cortex-A53 (@1.7 GHz). A PowerVR GE8320 GPU is integrated for graphics. In case you didn’t know, Redmi A1+ was powered by Helio A22 which has a quad-core CPU.
Getting into memory and storage configuration, Redmi A2+ comes with 2/3GB LPDDR4x RAM and 32GB of eMMC 5.1 onboard storage (expandable up to 1TB). It boots on Android 12 Go-Edition and Xiaomi also promises 2 years of security updates for this phone.
- Also read:
- Redmi A2 announced with MediaTek Helio G36, 8MP dual cameras
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G’s entire specs leak ahead of launch next week
- Samsung silently announces Galaxy M54 with Exynos 1380, 6000mAh battery
- Redmi Watch 3 with AMOLED screen, Bluetooth calling hits the global market
Rest of the specs
As for cameras, Redmi A2+ has two of them at the back, with an 8MP f/2.0 primary and a depth sensor. A 5MP f/2.2 selfie camera sits beneath the teardrop notch on the front.
Likewise, Redmi A2+ has a 5000mAh battery that supports 10W standard charging via the Micro USB port. And like the vanilla Redmi A2, it also has a 3.5mm headphone jack and FM radio support.
Redmi A2+ Specifications:
- Display: 6.52-inch LCD panel, HD+ resolution
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G36 4G (12nm)
- Memory: 2/3GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 32GB eMMC 5.1 (expandable up to 1TB)
- Software & UI: Android 12 Go-Edition
- Rear Camera: Dual (with LED flash);
– 8MP f/1.8 primary lens
– Depth sensor
- Front Camera: 5MP f/2.2 (water-drop)
- Biometrics: Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W Charging
- Color Options: Light Blue, Light Green, Black
Redmi A2+ Price in Nepal and Availability
Xiaomi has officially announced this phone in the European market but has been mum about its price and global availability. We expect the price of Redmi A2+ in Nepal to be around NPR 13,499 when it launches here shortly.
- Meanwhile, check our review of Redmi A1 (Nepali)