One mistake Xiaomi did last time with the K20 and K20 Pro is launching them together! The flagship killer K20 pro overshadowed the K20 in many different ways, especially here in Nepal. But this time, we witness a different story. The Redmi K30, the successor to the K20 has been launched in China. There are actually 2 variants of it, a basic 4G variant and the other 5G one! These are the new premium mid-range phones from Xiaomi with flagship killer price.
Redmi K30 Overview
Like it’s predecessor, what you can be assured with the K30 is the fact that it packs performance at a budget. The K30 5G has the Snapdragon 765G which comes bearing 1 Cortex A76 prime core @2.4 GHz, another Cortex A76 performance core @ 2.2GHz and 6 efficiency Cortex A55 based cores @1.8 GHz. The 4G version, on the other hand, has the Snapdragon 730G processor, as seen later on many smartphones.
Both the variants have LPDDR4X RAM with the most basic RAM starting at 6GB and both come with UFS2.1 storage support. Battery size is the same for both, a 4,500 mAh unit but you get different fast charging tech associated with 4G and 5G models. The 5G variant of the K30 comes with 30W fast charging support whereas the 4G variant supports 27 Watt charging.
Camera-wise too it’s basically the same, except for the 5G model supporting a 5MP macro lens whereas the 4G version has a 2MP macro lens. Other specs such as 64 MP primary sensor, an 8MP wide-angle-lens, and a tertiary 2MP depth sensors remain the same. Unlike last time, you can new the new iteration of Sony IMX sensor here on the K30, the Sony IMX686!
Also Read: Redmi K30 (Poco X2) Long Term Review
On the front, the display houses dual cameras, in the punch hole, a 20MP primary sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor! The display here is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and one of the many things to hoot for is the 120Hz screen with HDR10 compliance.
In addition, the 5G variant supports Dual-frequency GPS and SA+NSA 5G network support. And showing off the classic Xiaomi style, the manufacturer has put in the 3.5mm headphone jack and an IR Blaster too!
Redmi K30 Specifications:
- Display: 6.67- inches with FHD+ resolution IPS LCD with punch hole and 120Hz refresh rate
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.6 x 8.79 mm
- Weight: 208g
- SoC: 4G (Snapdragon 730G) and 5G (Snapdragon 765G)
- Storage: 64/128/256GB
- Operating System: MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Battery: 4,500 mAh with 27W fast charging (4G) and 30W fast charging (5G)
- Rear Camera: 64MP Sony IMX686 primary camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro lens (4G), 5MP macro lens (5G)
- Front Camera: 20 MP AI-powered primary lens and a 2MP depth sensor
- Video: 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 60fps, 1080p @ 30fps (Ultrawide ); 1080p @ 120fps, 720p @ 960fps (Slow motion)
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Other features: IR Blaster, 3.5mm headphone jack
Also Watch: Poco X2 (Redmi K30) Review
Redmi K30, Redmi K30 5G Price in Nepal and Availability:
The Redmi K30 (4G and 5G) has been launched in China and some parts of Europe. Since the Redmi K30 will not launch in Nepal, we cannot talk about the price of Redmi K30 in Nepal. Find the price of Redmi K30 (4G and 5G version) in China below:
|Variant||Redmi K30 4G Price||Redmi K30 5G Price|
|6+64 GB||CNY 1599
(~Rs. 27500 in Nepal)
(~Rs. 34500 in Nepal)
|6+128 GB||CNY 1699
(~Rs. 30000 in Nepal)
(~Rs. 40000 in Nepal)
|8+128 GB||CNY 1899
(~Rs. 33000 in Nepal)
(~Rs. 45000 in Nepal)
|8+256 GB||CNY 2199
(~Rs. 38000 in Nepal)
(~Rs. 5000 in Nepal)