One mistake Xiaomi did last time with the K20 and K20 Pro is launching them together! The flagship killer K20 pro overshadowed the K20 in many different ways. But this time, we witness a different story. The K30, successor to the K20 has been launched in China. There are actually 2 variants of it, a basic 4G variant and the other 5G one!
Like it’s predecessor, what you can be assured with the K30 is the fact that it packs performance at a budget. The K30 5G has the Snapdragon 765G which comes bearing 1 Cortex A76 prime core @2.4 GHz, another Cortex A76 performance core @ 2.2. GHz and 6 efficiency Cortex A55 based cores @1.8 GHz. The 4G version, on the other hand, has the Snapdragon 730G processor, as seen lately on many smartphones.
Both the variants have LPDDR4X RAM with the most basic RAM starting at 6GB and both come with UFS2.1 storage support. Battery size is the same for both, a 4,500 mAh unit but you get different fast charging tech associated with 4G and 5G models. The 5G variant of the K30 comes with 30W fast charging support whereas the 4G variant supports 27 Watt charging.
Camera-wise too it’s basically the same, except for the 5G model supporting a 5MP macro lens whereas the 4G version has a 2MP macro lens. Other specs such as 64 MP primary sensor, an 8MP wide-angle-lens, and a tertiary 2MP depth sensors remain the same. Unlike last time, you can new the new iteration of Sony IMX sensor here on the K30, the Sony IMX686!
On the front, the display houses dual cameras, in the punch hole, a 20MP primary sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor! The display here is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and one of the many things to hoot for is the 120Hz screen with HDR10 compliance.
In addition, the 5G variant supports Dual-frequency GPS and SA+NSA 5G network support. And showing off the classic Xiaomi style, the manufacturer has put in the 3.5mm headphone jack and an IR Blaster too!
Redmi K30 4G and 5G Specifications:
- Display: 6.67- inches with FHD+ resolution IPS LCD with punch hole and 120Hz refresh rate
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.6 x 8.79 mm
- Weight: 208g
- SoC: 4G (Snapdragon 730G) and 5G (Snapdragon 765G)
- Storage: 64/128/256GB
- Operating System: MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Battery: 4,500 mAh with 27W fast charging (4G) and 30W fast charging (5G)
- Rear Camera: 64MP Sony IMX686 primary camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro lens (4G), 5MP macro lens (5G)
- Front Camera: 20 MP AI-powered primary lens and a 2MP depth sensor
- Video: 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 60fps, 1080p @ 30fps (Ultrawide ); 1080p @ 120fps, 720p @ 960fps (Slow motion)
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Other features: IR Blaster, 3.5mm headphone jack
Redmi K30 4G and 5G Price and Availability:
The Redmi K30 (4G and 5G) has only been launched in China. The pricing of each of the Variants are given below:
|Variant||Redmi K30 4G||Redmi K30 5G|
|6+64 GB||CNY 1599||CNY 1999|
|6+128 GB||CNY 1699||CNY 2299|
|8+128 GB||CNY 1899||CNY 2599|
|8+256 GB||CNY 2199||CNY 2899|