When Huawei introduced triple camera setup on a smartphone in the Huawei P20 Pro, it filled the smartphone world with awe. Even after several months of the launch of that phone, only a few brands embraced the concept of triple cameras. And the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 is among such few numbers of handsets. The smartphone was launched a while back in the international market. And in less than a month of time, the smartphone is available for pre-booking in Nepal. The pricing of the device has been done competitively and the pre-bookers will also be getting freebies while making a purchase.
Also Read: Samsung Dashain Offer on Smartphones
Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Overview
The Galaxy A7 2018 comes in Black, blue, gold or pink colors. The phone inherits a glass both on the front and on the back and a metallic frame is sandwiched in between. Because of the glass back, A7 2018 is definitely appealing when it comes to looks. Since Samsung always provide a praise-worthy build to its smartphones, we can expect it to feel premium even on the hold and on the use.
On the display front, the A7 2018 comes with a tall 6-inch Super AMOLED display. The phone has narrow bezels on the top and on the bottom so Samsung likes to call it an infinity display. In terms of resolution, the phone features Full-HD+. So with the pixel density of 411PPI, the contents of the screen look absolutely sharp.
On the performance front, the phone comes with an octa-core processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage at its disposal. There is also a dedicated SD card slot to expand the storage further to 512GB.
The camera is the USP of the phone. And as mentioned earlier, the phone comes with three cameras on the back. There is a 24MP primary camera, which is said to excel even in the low light settings. Alongside the primary sensor, there is an 8MP sensor with a wide-angle lens and a 5MP depth sensor. The wide-angle lens can be used to expand the field of view while capturing the images where is the depth sensor comes into action while taking portrait images.
The phone packs all the primary sensors like accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass sensors. There is also a fingerprint sensor for the security, which is mounted on its power button. On the software front, the phone comes with Android Oreo (v8.0) with Experience UI on the top.
In terms of cost, the phone is tagged with the price of Rs. 42,990. And at the moment, the phone is available only for pre-booking. And the pre-bookers will be getting either a bottle speaker or a Level U Flex headphones for free. That’s not all, all the buyers of the phone will get six months breakage insurance from Shikhar Insurance. The inclusion of breakage insurance on the midrange handsets is very rare and this initiative from Samsung is really praise-worthy.
Also Read: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Specifications
- Dimensions: 159.8 x 76.8 x 7.5 mm; Weight: 168g
- Display: 6-inch Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass protection
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2280×1080 pixels), 18.5:9 aspect ratio, 411PPI pixel density
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Experience UI on the top
- Chipset: Exynos 7885
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB; Expandable up to 512GB (Dedicated Slot)
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (24 MP primary sensor, f/1.7, PDAF) + (8 MP, f/2.4, ultra-wide lens) + (5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (Side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, NFC, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 3300mAh non-removable battery
- Colors: Black, blue, gold, pink
- Price: Rs. 42,990 + Free Breakage Insurance for 6 months (Free Bottle Speaker or Level U Flex Headphones on pre-booking)
Also Watch: Samsung Galaxy A8 Star Review!
Also Watch: Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus Review!