Samsung had a tough year in 2018 as their midrange J-series simply couldn’t compete against the likes of Xiaomi, Asus, and Realme. However, recently, Samsung changed the strategy and announced a completely new series, the Galaxy M. The company launched the Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20 in India offering comparable specs to its Chinese counterparts.
Samsung Nepal has also not been behindhand to launch these phones in Nepal as the company launched the Galaxy M10 (see price here) last week and today the company has made the Galaxy M20 available to the Nepali audience.
The Galaxy M20 is offered in 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant. It comes with a 6.3-inch display with FULL HD+ resolution and a tiny notch on top. The company has included a dragontrail glass for protection against drops and scratches.
It is powered by a new Exynos 7904 Octa-core processor which should handle most of your tasks with a breeze, except for the high-end games. On our test, we found it to be comparable to Snapdragon 630 which means you can play high-end games like PUBG on low-end settings.
In terms of camera, there’s a dual-camera on the back which comprises of a 13MP primary lens and a 5MP wide-angle lens. There’s an 8MP front camera on the front. On our test, we found both the front and back camera to be “good enough”, nothing extraordinary though.
What we found extraordinary is the big 5000mAh battery. It’s easily one of the best battery life smartphones we have tested so far. It should last you for 2 days if you are a moderate user. Samsung has also included 15W fast charging and USB Type C port.
Also Read: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
Samsung Galaxy M20 Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with 2.5D curved glass on the top
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels)
- Chipset: Samsung’s Exynos 7904
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71MP2
- RAM: 3/4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB; Expandable via micro SD card (Dedicated slot)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Experience UI 9.5 on the top
- Rear Camera: Dual camera – 13MP wide-angle + 5MP ultra-wide-angle camera, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 5000mAh with fast charging support (15W fast charging, takes 2 hours and 15 minutes for full charge)
- Price: Rs. 17,490 (3+32) [Last updated on July 23, 2019]
Samsung has priced the Galaxy M20 aggressively and will cost just Rs. 17,490. This makes the Galaxy M20 unbeatable at this price tag, at least for now. So, what do you think of the Galaxy M20? Do you think its the best smartphone under Rs. 20,000 in Nepal? Would you recommend someone? Let us know in the comments below.