After several leaks, Samsung has finally unveiled the latest iteration of A-series– Galaxy A8. Like other A-series of smartphones, Galaxy A8 also sports a full metal build and is indeed Samsung’s thinnest smartphone till date measuring at just 5.9mm.
Update: Samsung Galaxy A8 Launched in Nepal
Galaxy A8 sports a huge 5.7-inch Full HD AMOLED display and is powered by a 1.5GHz 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor and 2GB RAM. It has 16GB of inbuilt storage and supports a microSD card expansion up to 128GB. It features a 16MP ISOCELL rear camera and a 5MP front-facing camera similar to the Galaxy S6.
The phone is extremely thin measuring just 5.9 millimeters in thickness, which is thinner than the Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6. Despite being so thin, it comes with a huge 3050 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor and runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI. In terms of connectivity, the phone supports Dual hybrid SIM, 4G, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS.
As of now, the Galaxy A8 is available in China, India, Nepal and other markets across the globe. The phone is priced at Rs. 53,900 for the 32GB model here in Nepal.
Full Specs Samsung Galaxy A8:
- 5.7-inch FHD Super AMOLED display with 386ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection
- Exynos 5430 SoC
- Octa-core Processor with 4 Cortex A7 cores @1.3GHz and 4 Cortex A15 cores @1.8GHz
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage up to 128GB via microSD
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front camera
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, A-GPS
- 3,050mAh battery
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
- Dimension: 158 x 76.8 x 5.9mm
- Color options: Black, White, Gold
- Price: Rs.53,900