Vivo started the trend of pop-up camera with the Vivo X21 UD and Vivo NEX. We didn’t get to see any of the devices in Nepal. What we got was the Vivo V15 Pro which landed here with a 32MP motorized pop-up camera. Let’s check out the specs, price, and availability of Vivo V15 Pro in Nepal.
Vivo V15 Pro Overview
Design and Display
The Vivo V15 Pro comes in a gradient blue color. The back of the device also features subtle patterns, which seem to exist right beneath the glossy finish. The front panel comes with an almost bezel-less display with just a 1.75mm thick bezel on the side and 2.2mm bezel on the top. Although Vivo has not spoken on the thickness of the chin, the company remarked that the V15 Pro rocks with a whopping 91.64% of the screen to body ratio.
And talking about the front panel, the screen on the front houses a 6.39-inch display, which features Full-HD+ resolution. And there is no any sort of punched-hole or any other sort of ugly notches. So the screen truly looks immersive. And to achieve that, Vivo has employed a pop-up selfie camera and hid the ambient light sensor and the proximity sensor under the display. That’s not all, Vivo also squeezed a fingerprint sensor beneath the display. The smartphone maker claims the fingerprint sensor on this device to be of fifth-generation. And as the generation passes by, the Vivo V15 Pro promises to unlock the device just in 0.37 seconds. Seems like the gap in the unlocking speed between this new type and conventional type is getting really close.
Over the years, Vivo has gained quite a popularity, especially in the camera front. And continuing the tradition, the Chinese tech titan has packed a 32MP selfie shooter. It also happens to be the world’s first 32MP pop-up selfie shooter. In addition to taking selfies, this front snapper also doubles as an authentication tool in the Face Unlock feature.
Even on the rear panel, the V15 Pro is rich in terms of cameras. The rear panel houses a triple camera setup at the back, which is a combination of 48MP main camera (wide-angle), 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 5MP depth sensor.
Although the primary shooter has a 48MP resolution, it only captures 12MP images. The camera does 4-in-1 pixel binning to get bright and sharp images. It is also said that the sensor used here is a Samsung’s ISOCELL GM1 sensor, which we saw on the Redmi Note 7. So when the whole tech world has been hyped about this whopping 48MP camera, we really have to perform the Vivo V15 Pro review to see its performance in the real-life.
Similarly, the 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera can capture up to the 120-degree field of view. Lastly, the third 5MP depth sensor comes to action on capturing the portrait images. So the triple camera setup on this device seems to do plenty of jobs.
Performance and Memory
Performance-wise, the phone has got Snapdragon 675 chipset paired with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM. On the storage side, the phone has got 128GB of native memory. It can be further expanded up to 256GB via a dedicated SD card slot. Although the SD675 is not the top of the line processor, it’s still better than the SD660 on the last year’s Vivo V11 Pro. It is also a relatively newer chipset and can handle some Triple-A games without a fuss.
Talking about the horsepower, the phone rocks with a 3700mAh non-removable battery. Although it supports dual-engine fast charging technology, the presence of the Micro USB port looks rather antiquated.
Vivo V15 Pro specifications:
- Display: 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display; 91.64% screen to body ratio; 2.5D curved glass on the top
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset:Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 @ 11nm technology
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB; Dedicated SD card slot for memory expansion up to 256GB
- OS: Android 9 (Pie) with FunTouch OS 9 on the top
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (48 MP Quad Pixel Sensor, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, 78-degree FOV) + (8MP Ultra-wide-angle, 120-degree FOV) + (5MP depth sensor, f/2.4), LED flash
- Front Camera: 32 MP pop-up selfie camera
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under-display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano + Nano), Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, Micro USB 2.0, USB OTG support, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 3700mAh with dual engine fast charging technology
- Colors: Topaz Blue, Ruby Red
- Vivo V15 Pro Price in India: INR 28,990 (6/128GB) (Pre-order here & here)
Vivo V15 Pro Price & Availability in Nepal
There are two variants of Vivo V15 Pro but only the 6/128GB variant is available in Nepal> The price of the Vivo V15 Pro in Nepal is NPR 37, 350 in Nepal.
|Model Name||Price In Nepal||Available Store|
|Vivo V15 Pro (6/128GB)||NRP 37,350||Neostore|