If you still carry a phone with a single camera…you’re probably out of today’s smartphone trend. Because single cameras are a thing of the past now. Dual cameras are the standard, whereas triple cameras seem normal. And triple cameras on flagship and premium mid-rangers are becoming popular. But with the Vivo Y17, even the budget phone segment is getting the taste of triple cameras!
The only other Vivo’s phones to sport triple cameras are the Vivo V15 and the V15 Pro, apart from their flagships. But these two devices still cost upwards of some $400. The Y17, however, costs about $260. And I get that it’s not strictly budget territory, it’s still less than a typical mid-range device.
Vivo Y17 Overview
The Y17 is and looks like a budget phone from the outside, though. You get a big 6.35″ IPS LCD display but only has HD+ resolution though. Also, the aspect ratio is a bit strange at 19.3:9. And internal hardware constitutes of Helio P35 chipset, combined with 4 GB RAM. Also, you get a pretty good storage space of 128 GB, too.
However, the main attraction of the Y17 is the triple camera setup. This setup comprises of a 13 MP primary camera, an 8 MP ultra-wide shooter and a 2 MP depth sensor. With this, we can definitely see ultra-wide-angle cameras becoming more popular. Also, it’s selfie camera is a good 20 MP.
Another noteworthy feature is the massive 5000 mAh battery on it. In addition, you get 18-Watt Fast Charging support as well. Plus, there’s the “Ultra-Game Mode” which smoothens your gaming experience by optimizing resources.
Vivo Y17 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.35″ IPS LCD with HD+ resolution (720 x 1544 pixels), 19.3:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Triple-setup, 13 MP primary with f/2.2 aperture & PDAF + 8 MP ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single, 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P35
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Android Pie with FunTouch 9
- Storage: 128 GB internal
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 18-Watt Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Price and Availability
The phone is launched only in India for now, for a price of INR. 17,990 or $260. For now, there are two colors – Mystic Blue and Mystic Purple. International availability is not yet known.