Vatsal Impex Pvt. Ltd., the authorised distributor of Xiaomi Smartphones in Nepal, has officially launched the Redmi 3s smartphone for Rs. 19,999. The pre-booking period starts from today and will end on 17th August. Prebookers will get a free Mi band 1s worth Rs. 2,399.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s features a 5-inch 720P IPS display with no kind of protection mentioned. It is powered by Qualcomm’s latest midrange SoC, the Snapdragon 430 that’s based on 64-bit Cortex A53 cores (4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53). The GPU Adreno 505 which is fairly powerful compared to the competition. In terms of memory, the Redmi 3s has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage that is expandable up to 128GB with a microSD card. However, you get a hybrid Slot which means you can either insert 2 SIM card slots or one SIM card and microSD card.
Camera wise, you get the same 13MP rear snapper and 5MP front snapper as seen on the Redmi 3 which we reviewed last month. If it’s anything like the Redmi 3, the camera is going to be average at best. The Redmi 3s also houses a same 4100mAh battery which should provide an excellent battery life just as the Redmi 3. It’s running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Xiaomi’s inhouse MIUI 7 layered on top.
The Redmi 3s that’s launching in Nepal is a Chinese variant rather than the Indian variant that’s deprived of Fingerprint scanner. While the Indian variant of Redmi 3s is priced just at INR. 7,000 (NRs. 11,200), the pricing of the Redmi 3s at Rs. 19,999 in Nepal is slightly overpriced, to say the least. However, if you are looking for a phone with compact form factor under Rs. 20,000, you might just want to invest in this one as you are also getting a Miband 1s worth Rs. 2,399 for free.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Handset Highlights:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage with expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery