Vatsal Impex, the authorized distributor of Xiaomi Products in Nepal has yet again brought a smartphone in an affordable price segment. Following the iteration of affordable Redmi phones, the newbie is the successor of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4A and is dubbed as Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A. The official Facebook page of Xiaomi Nepal had organized answer and win contest as a teaser to the launch. And the launch was finally announced unveiling the price of the smartphone.
In terms of specs, the device inherits a 5.5-inch HD (720 x 1280 pixels) display with the protection offered by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Powering the Redmi Note 5A is a mediocre Snapdragon 425 chipset backed by 2GB of RAM. The smartphone is injected with 16GB of internal storage with a separate slot to launch memory card for memory expansion.
On the optics side, Redmi Note5A sports 13MP camera on the back favored by f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus and LED flash. Up front, there is a 5MP camera for the selfies. In terms of software, the device comes with Android Nougat out of the box with MIUI 9 on the top. As of sensors, the device possesses basic sensors like Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity and Compass sensors. However, the absence of the fingerprint sensor is a real bummer here.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
A non-removable 3080mAh battery fuels the device. Taking account of the specs it inherits, the battery is capable of providing a decent backup. Priced at Rs. 17,499, the device is open for pre-booking. The pre-booking will last until 17th of October. On the pre-booking, users will be privileged with Free MI In-Ear headphones worth Rs. 999.You can pre-book the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A on the official website of Xiaomi Nepal.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A in a nutshell
- Display: 5.5-inch HD IPS display @ 267ppi with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- CPU: Quad-core (4 x 1.4 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 308
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 16GB, expandable up to 128GB via microSD (Dedicated slot)
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with MIUI 9
- Rear camera: 13MP with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- Front-facing camera: 5MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, proximity, compass; Fingerprint sensor is missing
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 3080mAh Non-removable battery
- Latest Price: Rs.14,999 [Last Updated on December 6, 2018]