Asus recently unveiled the new VivoBook Slate 13, a convertible laptop with a premium OLED display and budget processors. Successor to the Slate 13 OLED (2021), the laptop brings a much-needed refresh in terms of performance. So let’s look at the specs, features, availability, and expected price of the Asus Vivobook 13 Slate OLED (2023) in Nepal.
Asus Vivobook 13 Slate OLED (2023) Overview:
Design and Display
The Slate 13 OLED, as the name suggests, is a 13.3-inch Windows laptop with an OLED screen and a detachable keyboard. OLED screens for laptops aren’t uncommon, but what makes this one stand out is its detachable form factor.
This gives the machine an advantage over other 2-in-1 systems in that users can attach the keyboard as needed or use it as a standalone tablet. And since this is an OLED screen, you can expect excellent color reproduction. It is also Dolby Vision certified, has 100% DCI-P3 color coverage, 550 nits of (peak) brightness, and a quad-speaker sound system, making it a great option for on-the-go entertainment.
As with most convertible machines, there is a stylus support (Asus Pen 2.0) for the Slate 13. The pen comes with 4096 pressure levels sensitivity and 4 swappable tips. Other display properties include a 60Hz refresh rate, 266Hz touch sampling rate, 0.2 ms response time, and TÜV Rheinland-certified eye care certification.
The Slate 13 also qualifies as a tough, well-built machine, as it secures MIL-STD-810 US military-grade certification. Asus also pledged to protect the environment by using 100% FSC-certified recyclable packaging for the laptop.
Performance and Memory
On the performance front, the VivoBook is equipped with Intel Alderlake-N silicons, which include Intel N200 and Intel Core i3-N300 processors. This is an upgrade over the Pentium Silver N6000 processor in the last-gen. The N200 is a quad-core chip with 6W Thermal Design Power (TDP), while the i3-N300 has eight cores and 7W TDP. The notebook boots on Windows 11 OS.
As for the memory, Asus has upgraded the LPDDR4X RAM from Slate (2021) to a faster LPDDRX5 in this generation. Meanwhile, the storage options may include either 256GB UFS 2.1 or up to 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD. For memory expansion, users will be able to do so by a microSD card reader on the Vivobook.
- You might also want to check these
Rest of the Specs
Moving on, the Vivobook 2-in-1 Notebook 2023 gets its juice from a 50WHr battery with support for 65W fast charging. For photography and video calls, the Notebook also sports a 13MP snapper on the rear side and a 5MP front camera. Likewise, there is a fingerprint reader for biometrics.
Talking of I/O ports, it includes 2 USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 ports and an audio jack. As for the other options, it comes with WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, and quad speakers with Dolby Atmos support.
Asus Vivobook 13 Slate OLED (2023) Specifications:
- Design and Build: 309.9 x 190 x 8.95 mm, 800 gram, Aluminum build, MIL-STD-810 certified
- Display: 13.3″ Touchscreen OLED panel, 100% DCI-P3, 10-bit color depth, 550 nits, Dolby Vision HDR, Asus Pen 2.0 Stylus Support
- Display Certification: VESA Display HDR True Black 500 certified
- Resolution: FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 16:9 aspect ratio
- Keyboard: Backlit, Color-blocked Enter key
- Processor: Intel Alderlake-N Processors (Quad-core Intel N200 and Octa-core Intel Core i3-N300)
- RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR5
- Storage: 256GB UFS 2.1 or 512GB PCIe NVMe 3.0 SSD
- Audio: Quad Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos Support
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Ports: 2x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, 1x microSD card reader, and an audio jack
- Battery: 50WHr battery
- Power Supply: 65W AC adapter
Asus Vivobook 13 Slate OLED (2023) Price in Nepal and Availability
The brand is yet to announce the official pricing for the notebook. The last-gen model retailed at USD 599 for reference, so we expect a comparable price for the new generation. We will update the pricing details as and when the tablet goes official.
|Asus Vivobook 13 OLED (2023)||TBA|
- Meanwhile, you can watch our review of the Asus Zenbook Flip 13.