The quadcopter market is booming in Nepal. Starck Tech, the official distributor of DJI products in Nepal and a subordinate of Jyoti Group, is looking to cash in on that. And the launch of the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum clearly shows that. According to DJI, the Mavic Pro Platinum is the company’s best portable drone yet.
The DJI Mavic Platinum is very similar to the Mavic Pro if the specs are considered. It has the same 65 km/h of maximum speed and captures 4K videos like its predecessor. The Mavic Pro Platinum has a 3-axis gimbal and is portable with a dimension of 83mm x 83mm x 198mm and weight of 743 grams if the battery and propellers are also taking into consideration.
The quadcopter has a few improved features over the Mavic Pro. It has a maximum flight time of 30 minutes and has a decreased noise reduction. To power up the drone for 30 minutes, the manufacturer has included a 3,830 mAh battery. The DJI Go app supports up to 1080p video quality for the live view.
The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum can be purchased for Rs. 132,000 while the combo version will run you Rs. 172,000.
Where to buy DJI Mavic Pro Platinum in Nepal:
- Civil Trade Centre (CTC mall), Sundhara, Kathmandu, 5th Floor
Tel: 977-1-4250269, 977-1-4254436, 977-1-4258934
- Evo Store, Labim Mall, Ground Floor, Pulchowk, Lalitpur
Tel: 977-1-5547648, 977-1-5554352
- Evo Store, Sherpa Mall, Ground Floor, Durbar Marg
Tel: 977-1-4225486, 977-1-4220659
- Evo Store, Mercantile Plaza, Ground Floor, Durbar Marg
Tel: 977-1-4212100, 977-1-4229660
For rules and regulations regarding the use of Drones in Nepal click here.
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Specifications
- Maximum Speed: 65 km/h (*with no wind)
- Battery Capacity: 3830 mAh
- Maximum Flight Time: 30 minutes
- Maximum Ascent Speed: 5 m/s in Sport Mode without wind
- Maximum Descent Speed: 3 m/s
- Camera: 12.35 effective pixels (12.71 total pixels)
- Up to 4K video capture
- 3-axis Gimbal
- Weight: 743 grams including battery, propellers, and gimbal cover
- Obstacle sensory feature
- GPS GLONASS sensor