Huawei has recently added two new members to its Matebook lineup of notebooks—the Matebook 13s and Matebook 14s. Both have comparable spec sheets and are expected to be strong Windows alternatives to MacBooks. So, let’s get into the specs, features, availability, and expected price of Huawei Matebook 13s and Matebook 14s in Nepal.
Huawei Matebook 13s, Matebook 14s Overview:
Design and Display
Both Matebook 13s and 14s have a sharp thin metal body, weighing 1.32kg and 1.43kg, respectively. The bezels around the skin are slender and also the top one houses a laser welding fixed pole camera that supports face unlock.
In terms of display, the 13s flaunts a 13.4-inch while the 14s come with a 14.2-inch panel. Furthermore, both the panels boast 2.5K resolution, 90Hz LTPS touchscreen, 400 nits of peak brightness, and a 178-degree viewing angle.
- Also Read:
On the performance side of things, there are two options to choose from— Intel Core i5-11300H and Intel Core i7-11370H. Similarly, the graphics are handled by integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics. Memory-wise, both the chipsets are coupled with 16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD storage.
However, the 14s with an i7 processor is also available with 1TB of SSD. They also have an upgraded shark fin cooling system to keep the device cool. Fueling the laptops are 60Whr batteries that charge via a 65W adapter.
Rest of the specs
Moreover, the laptops have backlit keyboards and a dedicated fingerprint power button for biometrics. On to the port options, there are two USB-C and a 3.5mm headphone jack on both, while the 14s have extra space for USB 3.2 and an HDMI port.
In addition, the high-end variant of the 14s also supports Thunderbolt 4 on its second USB-C port. In terms of audio, both of them have a quad-speaker and quad-microphone setup.
Huawei Matebook 13s, Matebook 14s Specifications:
- 13s: 11.70W x 8.6D x 0.64H-mm, 1.32 kg
- 14s: 12.35W x 9.04D x 0.66H-inches, 1.43 kg
- Display: 13.4/14.2-inches, 2.5K (2520 x 1680), 90Hz, 90% screen-to-body ratio, 400 nits, 100%sRGB
- Keyboard: Full-sized backlit keyboard
- Touchpad: Multi-touch supported PTP touchpad
- Processor: Intel Core i5-11300H / i7-11370H
- RAM: 16GB LPDDR4x (dual-channel) RAM
- Storage: 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (1TB SSD exclusive to 14s i7 variant)
- Graphics: Integrated Intel Iris Xe
- Audio: Quad speaker setup, quad-microphone
- Battery: 60 Whr, 65W power adapter
- Webcam: 720p HD camera with face unlock
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 (ax), Bluetooth 5.1
- I/O ports:
- 13s:1x 3.5mm headphone jack, 2x USB-C ports
- 14s:1x 3.5mm headphone jack, 2x USB-C ports, 1x HDMI, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1; Thunderbolt 4 support on i7 16GB+1TB variant
- Colors: Spruce Green, Bright Moon Silver, Deep Space Gray
Huawei Matebook 13s, Matebook 14s Price in Nepal and Availability
As for pricing, both the Matebook 13s and 14s are priced at CNY 6,999 and CNY 7,999 for the Intel i5-11300H and i7-11370H variant with 16GB RAM and 512GB storage. However, the i7 model with 16GB RAM and 1TB storage costs CNY 8,999. They will be available for purchase from September 25.
Although there are merely slim chances of launching the Huawei Matebook 13s and Matebook 14s in Nepal, we expect their price to start from NPR 135,000 if and when it launches here.
|Laptop||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Huawei Matebook 13s/14s (Core i5-11300H)||CNY 6,999||NPR 135,000|
|Huawei Matebook 13s/14s (Core i7-11370H)||CNY 7,999||NPR 153,000|
|Huawei Matebook 14s (Core i7-11370H, 16GB RAM, 1 TB SSD)||CNY 8,999||NPR 171,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Lenovo Ideapad 3.